Thursday, 11 October 2012

bareMinerals: Flawless Definition Mascara

Yes, another mascara review! I'm gradually working my way through the products in my Beauty in the Spotlight goodie bag, even though that event was a few months ago now. I finally got round to trying the bareMinerals mascara:

Photobucket

Also wearing: Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer, Mac Rubenesque Paintpot and Louise Grey for Topshop Eyeliner

I really like the ethos behind bareMinerals and this mascara lives up to that by being paraben free and containing antioxidants and lash conditioning ingredients. The brush is the plastic comb type which personally I like - I find they give me more control and less chance of blobbing mascara on my face than traditional bristle brushes.

I really like how this mascara defines each and every lash. The brush allows you to catch those tiny corner lashes which I find makes my eyes look bigger and brighter. I also liked how my lashes were left feeling soft and fluttery - the mascara applies quite lightly but even after a good few coats my lashes didn't feel overloaded or clumped together. The finished look isn't quite as dramatic as I would usually go for but if you are after clean, defined lashes with no clumps then this mascara is ideal. I'll definitely be keeping this in my everyday make-up bag although it is hard to wean myself off full-on lashes!

bareMinerals Flawless Definition mascara is available here for £16. I guess that's mid-range for a mascara these days. I'm pretty sure in my head make-up prices are still what they were when I was 15 - if only!

Have you tried this mascara?


Share:

9 comments

  1. I have yet to try bare minerals products. This mascara sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mascara is amazing! I have major lash envy! x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not tried this rand yet, which is a bit ridiculous when I have such sensitive skin, but I really like the effect - your lashes look so long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im desperate to try some bare minerals stuff.

    Thanks for the review.

    you look lovely :)




    http://emmygrace8.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had eyelashes like yours! I really want to try some of the bare minerals stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried this mascara, but your eyelashes really look amazing! They're so long!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, your lashes look so lovely! I'm going to put this on my wishlist for sure! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always put of but bar minerals, I don't know why, I think it's their packaging or something. However, your lashes look amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig