Saturday, 15 September 2012

Un sejour a Lille!

I spent some of the August Bank Holiday weekend in Lille. Seeing as there are no bank holidays until Christmas now it seemed right to make the most of this one! Luckily Lille was 26 degrees and sunny which more than made up for a lot of things being closed for the the whole of August due to "les vacances"!

Photobucket

1. The city was a mix of old and super modern.

2. Dinner outside at Bun's Bazaar, a burger restaurant that mixed French and American food and even had a foie gras burger on the menu.

3. Picnic in the park.

4. Loved the Jean Paul Gaultier Diet Coke cans and this flourless, organic chocolate tart.

5. Giant burgers!

6. The most amazing salad ever - chevre on waffles. So. Good.

7. The funfair was in town - couldn't resist a ride on the big wheel!

8. Lille has a free zoo which was unexpected but really fun. Animals aren't really my thing but did love seeing these rhinos.

9. A wild cow on a walk around the citadel park.

10. Chocolat.

11. Our hotel at night. Trip Advisor served me well with this one, great value and a really nice French-style hotel.

12. The belfry tower. We wanted to go up to see the views of the town but it was closed for all of August!

Have you been to Lille?
Share:

4 comments

  1. I've never been to Lille but it looks lovely! Definitely one to put on the 'to visit' list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Lille but it looks like somewhere lovely to go for a short break! You're right about having to make the most of the bank holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lille looks amazing! I have never actually been myself, but would on your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig