Friday, 21 September 2012

The Body Shop: Big and Curvy Mascara Review

I rarely venture in to The Body Shop and if I do I'm far more likely to browse the body products than their make-up range. Although as a certified mascara addict I was excited to try this "Big and Curvy" mascara when it came free with one of the many magazines I purchased over the summer.



First impressions: I like the packaging. Simple and sleek but bright enough for me to find it in the depths of my bulging make-up bag. The brush is bristly and quite slim with a tapered end. I am not a fan of big brushes like Benefit's Bad Gal of the Soap and Glory mascara that came free with Elle this summer.

The second thing that struck me about this mascara was the smell. I don't think I've ever come across a mascara with such a strong scent. This smells really chemically. So much so that the first time I used it was was convinced that I could smell it all day. Yes, I thought I was going crazy too. Who can smell their own eyelashes?

I've since got used to the smell and it no longer bothers me but if you are someone who doesn't like scented products then this might be one to avoid. I can forgive the smell as I love the effects it gives: a few coats give me dark, glossy, full lashes. It does leave my lashes a little spike-y looking but as I love dramatic lashes for everyday I don't mind this.

Photobucket

It doesn't flake or smudge after a long day and comes off pretty easily with my Simple eye make-up remover. It costs £10 on the Body Shop website.
Share:

2 comments

  1. This one I was so excited about after I got it, but it dries out pretty quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, scented products always put me off!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig