Friday, 7 September 2012

French Finds

I recently spent a weekend in Lille. I've been to France countless times in the past but it was great to explore a new city thanks to some bargain Eurostar tickets!

Before I do a post on the holiday itself, here are my shopping finds (priorities!). I was on holiday with a male friend so tried my best not to drag him around too many girlie shops! I also took on a bit of a "holiday attitude" to my spending and probably spent a little more than I intended but figured that I'd regret not getting anything that I can't find in the UK.

First stop: Sephora!

Photobucket

I love Sephora when I'm in Europe or the US. I could literally spend all day in there. This time I was quite restrained and just got the nail wraps to try out, a Yes To Carrots lipbalm that I've been intrigued about for ages and two little shower gel pots in chocolate and caramel - yum!

Frenchie Finds:

Photobucket

I used to love shopping in Pimkie on teenage holidays. I'd say its a bit like French New Look, very affordable but quite "young". I picked up this lace dress for autumn for £19.

I love Compagnie De Provence, their scented candles are amazing and I wanted everything in their store in Lille. I ended up getting this fragrance oil set as an alternative to candles. This and the figue fragrance are my favourites.

Bloggers seem to love French pharmacy brands. I picked up the Bioderma cleansing milk to try and a full size of the Caudalie serum that came in a GlossyBox a while back. Yes, Caudalie is available in the UK but I felt less bad about the expense when on holiday!

Yves Rocher is another favourite from teenage holidays. While I have now graduated to "real" perfume I still love the mini €5 bottles - the coconut fragrance is summer in a bottle and I also got the vanilla one to try.

What do you stock up on on holidays abroad?




Share:

14 comments

  1. Ooh i really want to try something from Yes To Carrots. Mainly cause I love the brand name haha. It just sounds healthy and good! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my main reason for getting it!

      Delete
  2. Love that dress! I remember Pimkie from school trips to France :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I first discovered it when I was 12...that makes me feel old!

      Delete
  3. Love Sephora, I went mental in there when I went to NYC and the store in Prague a few years ago. That dress is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Sephora on 5th Avenue - so dangerous for my bank balance but so good!

      Delete
  4. Looks like you got some great pieces. The dress is so pretty. I quite like to shop at Pimkie too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Pimkie's prices were so good, they had so many lovely dresses.

      Delete
  5. I have some caudalie testers.

    I always food shop, fresh coffee in europe or pastas etc. As far as cosmetics go probably my regular touch eclat at duty free or some eyeshadows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, just the sight of a Sephora bag gets my heart beating faster...lovely purchases! I will try my best to find a Pimkie too next time I'm in France!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those nail wraps are so pretty! It's a real shame that there's no Sephora in the UK. Last time I went to France I stocked up on the Bioderma cleansing water, and got myself a bottle of Caudalie beauty elixir to try out. The cleansing milk sounds really good though x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try the coconut Yves Rocher sprays, have heard so many good things about it - and the fact that it reminds you of being on holiday... well....I'M SOLD!!! Ix

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Sephora - I'm so sad they shut in the UK all those years ago. I don't think we were really ready for it back then as a country, but I wish they'd try again now! I definitely try and visit a store if I'm ever in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I reallly want to visit a Sephora!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig