Sunday, 2 September 2012

August Empties

August has been a good month for finishing up products. Maybe one day I'll have a normal amount of toiletries?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Simple Eye Make-up Remover - a travel mini of the same product from my July empties. This is definitely a staple in my travel bag.

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish - I'm probably the last blogger to try this product. I thought I would hate hot cloth cleaners but I actually really liked this. It left my skin feeling really clean despite it not lathering up and didn't dry it out (I have sensitive combination skin so finding products I like is difficult). I always used a separate eye make-up remover before using this but it did a great job of taking off my face make-up and the tiny tube lasted a while - I'm definitely buying the full size when I next pass a Liz Earle counter.

Original Source British Strawberry Shower - this was £1 in Sainsburys so I couldn't not buy it. I love Original Source products, they smell great and are vegan and not tested on animals. Using a summer strawberry shower gel did feel a little ironic when it was pouring with rain outside but the patriotic packaging was a nice touch.

Neova SPF 30 - this was recommended to be at a Sk:n consultation. It's the only SPF I've ever used on my face that hasn't made me break out. I love how it feels really light, can be worn under make-up and, most importantly, protects against UVA and UVB rays. This lasted me for a year and I used it pretty much everyday (aside from those days in January/February where it was barely light and the thought of using suncream seemed a bit futile). I had already re-purchased this for fear it it running out or being discontinued and I'm glad I did as I can't find it for sale on the Sk:n website. Hmm.

Molton Brown Re-Charge Black Pepper Body Wash - this came in my John Lewis goodie bag from their Spotlight on Beauty event. I didn't like the smell of it at first, it's quite masculine and, well, peppery. After a couple of uses I grew to like it, its different from my usual sweet smelling shower gels and definitely made me feel more awake. I love Molton Brown but spending £16 on a shower gel makes me feel a bit guilty. One for the birthday/Christmas list.

YSL Touche Eclat - while I love finishing products, I was sad when this one ran out. Firstly because I really like it - shade 1 is perfect for my skintone and it covers my dark circles really well (I don't have terrible dark circles so this is enough coverage for me but for serious dark circles its probably too sheer). Oh and the packaging is beautiful. Secondly because it is so, so expensive. I'm sure the price goes up every time I need to re-purchase this. I usually pick this up in the duty free so avoid feeling totally ripped off as I remember it being £18 a long, long time ago and now its £25.

No 7 Beautiful Skin Quick Thinking Wipes - I am not a huge fan of cleansing wipes. I used to use them instead of washing my face when I was younger and then wonder why my skin was bad. Duh. They definitely are not enough by themselves to take off all my make-up and leave my skin feeling clean but they're great to have in my gym bag for post-work gym sessions and with the £5 No 7 vouchers they're only £2. Top marks for the click-shut lid, too.

Neal's Yard White Tea Enriching Face Mask - I hadn't used a face mask for years until I got this sample. This is a clay-based mask that left my skin feeling nice and soft but I'm not sure if it made enough of a difference to repurchase it or to make me think that face masks are a worthwhile use of my time. I do want to try the Origins mask, maybe that will convince me.

What products have you used up this month?
Share:

2 comments

  1. I love Touche Eclat but its just so pricey - I would always buy it at the airport as a treat :-)I used up some of my Aveda conditioner but decided to get some more with my birthday money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for finishing more products. It's so satisfying seeing empties all together, isn't it? I hope they still sell that Original Source shower gel, as it sounds like it smells amazing! x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig