Sunday, 30 September 2012

ABC: Aussie/Birthdays/Claridge's

Today's post in a rather brief summary of a rather wonderful day. After a morning coffee with a friend, I headed to the Chancery Court Hotel Spa for a pamper day laid on by Aussie. I had an amazing massage, chilled out in the relaxation room and tried my hand at being an Aussie tv star (cue awkward moment of having to equate a conditioner with my ideal man). I also had my hair done by the very talented Eugene:
  Photobucket

I was very reluctant to leave the tranquillity of the spa (and to take off my Aussie Angel bath robe) to head back into the real world but I had dinner to be getting ready for:

  Photobucket

Dress: Warehouse 
Jacket: Next 
Shoes: Paul Costello 
Bag: Vintage

My parents and I had a reservation at Gordon Ramsey at Claridge's for a celebratory meal for my birthday, my dad's birthday and my parents' 30th wedding anniversary. Claridge's is so beautiful - I loved the fresh flower displays and 1920s art deco touches. We had the a la carte menu which was amazing - we started with watermelon and hash brown canapes and a sweetcorn and goat's cheese amuse bouche. My starter was tuna tartare two-ways followed by sole fillets with crab and cucumber canneloni for my main. After a dessert wine jelly "pre-dessert" I had a pistachio parfait which was lovely and light although I was very envious of my dad's giant raspberry souffle! We had told our waiter that we were celebrating so after our dessert we were brought these:
  Photobucket

Such a lovely surprise! Just as we were thinking about ordering coffee, we were offered a tour of the kitchen. It was amazing to see - the kitchen was so hot and very hectic but everything seemed to be working perfectly to plan. I actually felt like I was on the F-Word (although there was no bad language in the real kitchen, I hasten to add)!

  Photobucket

Myself and Amit, the Assistant Manager.

 After the excitement of the kitchen we then relaxed with coffee and chocolates in the piano bar. A perfect end to an amazing day!
Share:

7 comments

  1. Happy birthday Lily!!! You look beautiful and that dress really suits you. Enjoy the rest of your day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an incredible day! You look fab too! Oh and you have won my Jordan's Cereal giveaway so drop me an email with your address :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It looks like you had an amazing evening!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, definitely not your average meal out! You look beautiful, and I'm so sad to have missed the Aussie pamper day :( Loving your hair though x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a lovely day! :-) I love the print on your dress. Hope you had a lovely birthday Lily x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the perfect day. I hate that I missed the Aussie event, but glad to hear it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was so lovely to meet you on Saturday, glad you had a good rest of day - and your hair looked gorgeous.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig