Friday, 10 August 2012

July Empties

Slightly late with this but I seem to be on a bit of a product-finishing kick at the moment. Here are my July empties:

Photobucket

Head and Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Shampoo - not the most glamorous hair product but one that I reach for every couple of weeks to make my hair feel super clean. I like to alternate my shampoos so it takes me ages to use up a bottle.

Ayuuri Body Wash - one from a GlossyBox a few months back. This smelled lovely (like rose Turkish delight) and didn't dry out my skin.

Nivea Invisible Deodorant - white deodorant marks on my clothes annoy me so much. This lives up to its promise of being invisible and has a nice subtle fragrance. I usually use roll-on deodorant as I find sprays get finished up so quickly but always have one of these on the go.

Original Source Mint Shower Gel - this is definitely one for sleepy mornings. The mint smell really wakes me up! I had loads of these little bottles from when I worked for a university but this is my last one.

Percy and Reed Moisturising Shampoo - a freebie with Glamour magazine. I picked the shampoo as I already have a a lot of unused conditioners. This smelled lovely and left my hair feeling nice and soft.

Simple Eye Make-Up Remover - I've re-purchased this so many times. It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes, takes off my many layers of mascara and is only £3.39. I used to use a Clinique eye make-up remover but as I get through a bottle of this every couple of months I'm glad I discovered a cheaper alternative.

17 Shine Control Powder - I've lost count of how many times I've bought this. Super cheap, stops my skin getting shiny and doesn't cause breakouts. I will cry if 17 stops making this but I won't cry if I drop it on a tiled bathroom floor and it smashes everywhere.

Clinque Stay Matte Sheer Pressed Powder - my favourite high end powder. I bought this ago but found it half used in the bottom of my make-up box, another sign that I have far too many products. This is slightly heavier than the 17 powder and I love the satisfying click that the compact makes when I close it.

My holiday mini-empties:

Photobucket

Clinique High Impact Mascara - this was a Cosmopolitan freebie. I've used this a few times in the past as its usually in the Clinque "Bonus Time" giftbags. This lasted me ages and I love how buildable it is. Top marks for not smudging or flaking in a very hot and humid NYC.

Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream - another Cosmo freebie and old Clinque favourite. I love this for giving my skin a deep down clean but without being too harsh or scratchy like some scrubs are. This doubled up as a body scrub while I was away.

Simple Moisturising Facewash - this did a good job at taking off my make-up and making my skin feel clean. I didn't like it as much as my usual Avene facewash but for a holiday it did the job. I'm far too lazy to decant my usual toiletries for a trip away so will settle for using something I can get in mini form for a few days.

Soltan Kids Factor 50 SPF - I am a little obsessed with suncream. This was quite thick so took a bit of rubbing in but it didn't irritate my sensitive skin and was great for popping in my handbag when I was in NYC and Marrakech earlier in the year.

Simple Anti-Wrinkle Moisturiser - another Simple product that I liked but didn't love. This was nice and light and great for throwing in my carry on to stop my skin getting dry in-flight without breaking the 100ml liquids rule.

What products have you finished this month? And what are your favourite travel minis?
Share:

5 comments

  1. I've just bought the Mint Original Source Shower Gel, I love it as it's so refreshing and definitely wakes you up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear!
    Love so much you're blog <3, I follow u :)
    My name in GFC is: sexy_paige_cucu.

    Hope u follow back ;)

    A lot of kisses.
    http://zapatodetacon.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I liked your blog, it looks interesting! I offer you my sincere friendship!=)
    I will follow you via Bloglovin;) I love to support interesting bloggers! ^^
    I am on Bloglovin: Kisses From Europe
    Love&kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yey for empties! I'm not a fan of Simple Eye Make-Up Remover, it doesn't even remove my normal mascara, ARGH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, well done for finishing so many products! It's been a relatively slow month for me but I'm nearly at the end of my 17 matte powder too. Molton Brown and Soap and glory do some lovely minis and Glossybox samples are great for travelling too x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig