Wednesday, 29 August 2012

Fantasy Mini-Break: Milan

Another wish-I-was-there post. This is what I'd take for a Milan city break with easyJet Holidays. I visited Milan a couple of years ago and it was so, so hot! An autumn mini-break definitely makes looking chic in Italy's fashion capital much easier:

Photobucket

These smart flats are perfect for walking around. The cobbles of Milan are definitely not heel friendly.

Pencil skirts are still big for autumn and this autumnal floral one is perfect for a city break - smart but not too "office-y". The Duomo is a must visit but has a strict dress code, shorts and short skirts are not allowed so another reason to buy this!

Dresses are a city break essential as they work for day and night. I love this abstract polka dot dress, it's high street but definitely chic enough for people watching in a pavement cafe during the day and cocktails at night.

This leather jacket is a bit pricey but it'll last far beyond the holiday. Perfect for chilly nights and it'll look great with both the dress and the floral skirt.

When bag space is limited (you want to leave room for new purchases!) easy to pack basics that can be rolled up without creasing are ideal. This lace top will look great with the pencil skirt and with jeans for travelling.

This nail colour is perfect for autumn and makes a nice change from summery brights. Italian women are really groomed so no chipped nails allowed on this holiday!

What would you pack for a Milan city break?

PS. This post is a competition entry. Click here for more details. If you have entered, link me to your entry posts!






Share:

3 comments

  1. I love the jacket and skirt. Oh, that skirt!
    For Milan, I'd go for a midi, full skirt and sleeveless shirt tucked in, both in neutral colours. I'd get a really gorgeous belt and some bright flats. Maybe a shawl for night time, too. And a statement necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have the best picks for your mini breaks, love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that jacket and I could really do with a mini break! xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig