Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Fantasy Mini-Break: Barcelona

One of my favourite things about going away on holiday is deciding what to pack. This is what I'd take for a Barcelona city break with easyJet holidays.

Photobucket

I hate carrying around a massive bag for a short break. This holdall is just big enough to fit everything I need (with a bit room for holiday purchases, of course!) and is a smart, classic style that'll last for many mini-breaks to come. I'm pretty strict with myself on what I pack for a mini-break. The thought of having to carry the bag around myself always makes me think twice about packing the third pair of shoes.

I'm always freezing on planes so this jumper will be great for travelling in and as an extra layer for chilly evenings over dresses and skirts.

Exploring a new city on foot is a must for me and this needs comfortable shoes. No one wants to be hobbling around in heels on holiday. These low wedge sandals will serve me well for walking down La Rambla, shopping and museum visits (the Joan Miro museum is a must for art lovers) during the day during the day and are smart enough for evenings too.

A pretty dress is a great day to night option that will work for site-seeing (Park Guell and the Sangrada Familia are top of my Barcelona to-see list) as well as for evenings out. On my last trip to Barcelona I ate paella on the promenade and enjoyed delicious (but very strong) cocktails overlooking the Placa Catalunya.

Churches and cathedrals often have stricter dress codes than in the UK so this bright blazer is a good cover-up option to avoid falling foul of any rules.

Barcelona is a beach-side city so an afternoon by the sea is the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle. I love these striped shorts, perfect for getting into the holiday mood and taking a paddle in the sea before returning to city life.

What would you pack for a trip to Barcelona?

PS. This post is a competition entry. Click here for more details. If you have entered, link me to your entry posts!











Share:

8 comments

  1. i love barcelona, its so hot so bring cool clothes!! just found your blog, it's brill, i have a new post up if you want to take a look!

    your new follower, eimear x

    www.supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous! I went to Barca ages ago and would love to go back. I think your pics are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute peices,! Especially love the wedges!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your clothing picks especially that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh the bag is gorgeous & that dress is so cute !xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lily, loving the Barcelona look! I'm new to your blog (which was recommended to me by your friend Hannah Williams), and I'm also a new blogger! If you could take a look at my blog I would be extremely appreciative!

    http://lucyvictoriajackson.blogspot.co.uk/

    Thank you! Love Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have been in barcellona next year, fantastic i love it!!

    do u like music? visit our blog!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig