Sunday, 26 August 2012

All I Want Is Everything: Birthday Wishlist

Two weeks until I hit the big 2-5. I certainly don't feel like I'm about to hit my mid-twenties. My levels of self-responsibility are pretty low, I cannot cook, clean or sew (so clearly I'm destined to become a hovel-dwelling hermit or need my prince to save me asap) and if so much as a lightbulb blows in my flat I'm straight on the phone to daddy to rush to my aid and fix it. I don't think I look like I'm 25 either, in my head when I was a "grown up" I'd be tall and suit-wearing rather than 5'1 and still being asked what A-levels I'm doing. Getting older is a strange thing. When I was 16 I thought that 20 year olds were super grown up. Now that I'm approaching 25 I can barely remember being 16 and, actually, I still feel pretty young. Scary to think that a few decades ago I'd probably be married with three kids by now!

Anyway, age introspection aside, here's what I want for my birthday. Totally shallow, frivolous, unnecessary things. Because I have plenty of time to grow up.

Photobucket

1. Oliver Peoples Alivia Sunglasses
I oh-so-nearly bought these in NYC but as the sun is hardly ever out in the UK sunglasses are not something I wear that often. Still, I want them.

2. Kurt Geiger Lily Loafers
I'm torn between these and new brogues. But these have my name on them so it'd be rude not to.

3. Marc Jacobs Dot Perfume.
I fell in love with this as soon as I saw the ad campaign. Red and polka dots are my favourite thing (seriously, I have a red polka dot sofa). I've had all the other Marc Jacobs fragrances in the past so its only right that I get this one too, isn't it?

4. Mulberry Lily Handbag
Pushing the name theme here but if I had to pick just one Mulberry bag, it'd have to be this one. Love the soft baby pink. I'd be happy to start along the path to "real" adulthood with this on my arm.

What would be on your fantasy birthday wishlist? And what are your thoughts on getting older?
Share:

6 comments

  1. Love your wishlist and that Mulberry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mulberry is PRETTY! I just turned 24 and I'm pretty sure I'm getting more childish as the years go on. My 16 year old self would be disgusted :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knw exactly how you feel!! I just turned 23 and remember being 16 and thinking 25 is so old!! Most of my friends still live at home!! It's just crazy to me lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a quarter-life crisis when I turned 20 a few months ago. Someone told me than the actual number 20 sounds older than say 21 and anything after it. I was worried everyone would expect a lot from me. But, it's really not old and neither is 25. I love the sunglasses and there was a sample of Dot in my magazine which was really lovely. I use Daisy Eau so Fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently turned 24 and still have nothing grown up about me: I can't cook/clean and call my dad when a bulb goes too! Haha.
    I love this wishlist. Definitely treat yourself to the Mulberry for your birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw happy super belated birthday :) haha my birthday wish list is infinitely long ;P

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig