Friday, 20 July 2012

What I wore: NYC

Shopping, galleries and amazing restaurants aside, one of the best things about being in NYC was the weather. It was around 30 degrees, blue skies and no rain (aside from a rather epic storm one evening!). Every time I felt like complaining about the heat and humidity, I thought back to grey, rainy London. I know what I'd pick out of the two!

I ended up wearing a lot of my summer clothes for the first time so I have a few new finds to show off. Everything else I wore has already been on the blog from previous holidays. Another thing I love about being away is that I get to wear two outfits each day although this did limit bag space for new purchases.

Photobucket

Evening outfit: Dress - Louche @ Joy. This was meant to be a summer work dress but its not been nice enough for me to wear something this colourful in the office.

Day outfit: Dress - TU @ Sainsburys. This was only £10 but I love the print and it felt really novel to be wearing a strapless dress and sunhat in the city.

Photobucket

Evenint outfit: Dress - Louche @ Joy. I had a credit voucher so picked this up in the sales for £30. I love the collar detail and this was perfect for summer evenings.

I apologise for the bare feet in the photos. I always put on shoes right before I leave so I wasn't walking around barefoot. I wore my Birkenstocks or trusty £4 Primark sandals during the day as I walked most places and my River Island heeled sandals at night.

What do you wear on holiday?
Share:

11 comments

  1. ooh i love all the dresses, very pretty :') xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dresses, you look fab in all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all three of the dresses - so jealous you got to go to New York! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous seeeing you in a summer dress when mine are still hanging up! I bet NYC was absolutely amazing!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the third dress so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got such lovely weather! Great dresses, I was so happy I could wear one today with the sun finally being out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for getting the chance to wear some summer clothes. I think we're almost in Summer now. I love the dresses you wore. The first one looks amazing. I love the print on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so sweet. I love these dresses, especially with the collars :) I'm following you now :)

    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love JOY, so that dress is a clear winner for me! xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig