Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Summer, Is That You?

I bought this dress during the Jubilee weekend when I was optimistic that summer was right around the corner. At last, finally, the sun has come out and I've got a there-but-only-I-can-tell tan so this is my current favourite work dress:

Photobucket

Dress: Closet at Debenhams

I love everything about this dress, the colour, the black panels, the pleated skirt and the fact that I can now actually wear it without getting hypothermia.

What are you excited to wear now that its not cold/grey/rainy?

I had a lovely weekend at the Bloggers Picnic catching up with blogging friends and meeting some new faces - more on that soon and I have a what I bought in NYC post coming up too. Right, I'm off to panic about the imminent Olympics chaos coming to London and contemplate locking myself in my flat for the next two weeks to avoid it all.
Share:

14 comments

  1. Awh Lily this is lovely! The sun has scared me into a panic of oh my lord i only have holiday clothes/not office suitable! This dress is just right xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely Lily, the black panels are so flattering! I can't wait to finally be able to crack out some of the clothes I normally keep for holidays only...as long as the sun stays!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am filled with dread about the Olympics! The dress looks gorgeous on you Lily. Love green with your colouring!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is lovely! I too am sharing in the not having any appropriate summer 'work' clothes and Olympic travel panic!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress! I to am loving being able to wear all the things I brought when i hoped it would be sunny, I've completely got burnt in the sun. I think i'm the opposite to everyone,k i'm loving the games and can't wait for them to start xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me its shorts! I know I can wear them with tights but I love shorts and bear legs when the weather is half decent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that dress! The green colour with the dark side panelling looks amazing. I am so excited to finally dig out my summer clothes. I bought tons of dresses about 2 months ago, so looking forward to wearing them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that dress, it looks very Mad Men inspired! loving that summer has finally arrived in the UK! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is gorgeous, so you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of my sleeveless blouses - and no jacket! :) That dress looks great on you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been loving this weather and getting my summer clothes out! Love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh I love the black panels, very different and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore this dress, the panels are so interesting xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig