Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Night At The Museum

Quite a few of my Friday evenings this year have been spent at the V&A museum. At 6.30pm the hoards of school children leave, a bar is set up in the atrium and a Friday night with a difference begins. The theme for each Friday late is different and the majority of activities are free. Beats getting a pint spilled on you by a City worker in All Bar One.

Last Friday a friend and I visited for the latest "Late": Unbuilt. As well as being able to explore the whole of the museums galleries, the evening focused on architecture and the built environment. We made mini plasticine models with Drink, Shop and Do, did origami and experienced "Synaethesia in the City", a room of atmospheric photographs of London landmarks accompanied by tastes of food to reflect the experiences of synesthete Janmes Wannerton. Who knew that the Shard tastes of cream soda or that Bank tastes of Minstrels?

The chairs in the courtyard were also very entertaining:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Outfit: Dress - H&M, Sandals - River Island, Blazer - Gap, Scarf - Galleries Lafayettes

Photobucket

Making an origami map of the museum.

Photobucket

My plasticine miniatures, obviously I attempted to make mini make-up.

Photobucket

Synathesia and the City - our sweetie bags.

Photobucket

The cream soda Shard.

We left feeling creative and cultured and, best of all, having not spend any money. The Natural History Museum and London Zoo Lates are next up on my to-do list.

Have you been to any museum lates? What's your favourite museum?
Share:

8 comments

  1. that looks like SO much fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww looks like you had a great time :), very cute outfit
    Kiwi ..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, love the outfit shots in those seats. Look like fun.
    What a great day out.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really interesting, I might have to have a google and see if they do anything similar around here. I'm such a museum geek!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like so much fun! I've been to the Science Museum lates a few times, but not the V&A. I definitely need to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been to the V&A in far too long! My fave museum is the Hancock in Newcastle - its a natural history museum and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow…super article. I’ve examine a few other articles inside your weblog and discovered very educational and I understand many point as well from the meaningful posts.
    Comprar Seguidores Instagram

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig