Thursday, 28 June 2012

Summer Stripes

It's nearly July but I think summer might be here. Ok, so it isn't boiling hot but at least its not pouring with rain anymore and I hope I have put my coat away until at least October.

I purchased this Forever 21 dress back in April when I was starting to think about a summer working wardrobe. Little did I know that it would hang unworn in my wardrobe for 2 months before I actually wore it:

Photobucket

Dress: Forever 21, Puffy eyes c/o pollen (please stop ruining "summer")

Forever 21 isn't exactly the first place I go to for workwear but I love this monochrome striped dress and for £18.75 I couldn't not get it. The length is perfect on me but I am only 5'1 so if you're any taller it might not be work appropriate! I love the fabric of this, it's thick enough so that the dress falls nicely but still summery enough for sneaking outside on my lunchbreak to top up my Vitamin D levels.

What's in your summer work wardrobe?
Share:

17 comments

  1. I love stripes especially nautical styled pieces in the summer. You look great in the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! :D love the dress
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cut of the dress, and the stripes look great on you.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww super cute! I love stripes, they just go with everything! And I love that belt at the waist. Yeah I know, pollen sucks so bad, my eyes are currently swollen and itchy too -_-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think summer is here too! Whoop. Finally! Although it still looks a bit 'muggy' outside.
    I love stripes and that dress is perfect! Looks fab on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty dress! Looks great on you. My summer work wardrobe is very confused with the weather. I've been wearing dresses with leggings mainly. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Anything with stripes is a winner for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this dress, so smart and chic. I would love something like this for my own work wardrobe xx
    Ella @ Belle Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  9. My black and white skater dress is my all time fave go to dress!
    And I love this Forever 21 dress version, you look lovely!

    Gems x

    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a perfect dress for glam workwear, love it. Forever 21 has some real gems x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love F21! It's sooo affordable & pretty good quality. This is a super sweet dress & perfect for work :)

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    XoX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the stripes! Fabulous.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. ugh, this weather is the actual worst. i'm hoping july will bring better things...looking lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dress is beautiful! One of the advantages of being short is that we can definitely get away with more clothes for work than tall people! I don't usually celebrate being a shortie but it certainly is an advantage when it comes to looking modest in a skirt!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig