Monday, 11 June 2012

Summer Dress Dilemmas: Solved

While it may feel like November outside, the British summer should be in full swing and that should mean weddings, BBQs, garden parties and summer-ising your work wardrobe. I've picked out a few dresses that I would be wearing if I wasn't still in black opaques and a coat:

1. Evening Do

Photobucket

Lace Dress, £99

I love this navy lace dress for a smart evening event. It's demure enough to still look formal but the lace sleeves give it a nice edge. It reminds me a bit of a dress that Kate Middleton wore and while I'm in no way a Kate copyist I do think her style is great inspiration for times when you want to look a bit more formal and "appropriate". I'd wear this with strappy heels and no jewellery to focus attention on the lace.

2. Summer Office

Photobucket

Posy Print Dress, £79

Summer work wear can be difficult - no one wants to be in black when its sunny outside but offices are often freezing cold and air conditioned and you don't want to be showing an inappropriate amount of skin. Your colleagues either won't appreciate it or will appreciate it too much. Not good. This dress is bright and summery but still a decent length for work. I'd pair it with a cardigan, navy heels and put on some red lipstick in the loos when 5.30 rolls around.

3. Holiday Nights

Photobucket

Maxi Dress, £110

Holiday evening outfits need to be unfussy (I'm always surprised how hot it still is in the evenings) but glamorous enough to get you into the holiday mood. This colourful maxi wouldn't need many accessories to make it look amazing, just a tan and some wedge sandals. It'd work well back home for a party or for daytime with a faded denim jacket.

4. BBQ

Photobucket

Pink Lace Dress, £120.00

I love coral, its the ultimate summer colour and suits everyone. This crochet dress would look great for a casual BBQ worn with gladiator sandals and a big sunhat. It'd work well into autumn too with tights and a cardigan.

5. Wedding

Photobucket

Layered Dress, £69

Summer may traditionally be "wedding season" and this year I'll be going to my first summer wedding. This red dress is simple but beautifully cut and paired with nude heels and a cropped blazer would be perfect for the service, wedding breakfast and then dancing into the evening. I'd pop a pink flower into my hair to match the contrasting pink belt.

All dresses from Phase Eight at House of Fraser.

What summer occasions are you dress shopping for? And which Phase Eight dress would you pick?

[This post is in conjunction with House of Fraser. I am not being paid to write it, all opinions are my own]
Share:

8 comments

  1. Love your selection of pretty dresses. The Office look is my favourite! Such a pretty dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have picked some really pretty dresses. I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG THAT LACE DRESS IS TO DIE FOR!!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the dresses you picked are lovely! I especially like the maxi dress! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the lace numbers :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the maxi dress - I can see myself swishing around in that

    Gems x

    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summer dresses are my favorite! I like that first one.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig