Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Jubilations

Clinging on to the last of my jubilee spirit for this post. I don't think I've ever been so disappointed in the British weather but still managed to have a fun jubilee weekend (thanks for the extra bank holiday, Queenie!). My favourite memory will definitely be the one of me standing under a tree while wrapped in a tartan blanket to shelter from the rain at a street party. The toast to "The Queen" and subsequent singing of the national anthem made it well worth it.

My only non-red/white/blue outfit of the weekend - Royal Mint:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dress: Apricot @ Browns (bought on my trip to York), Necklace: Primark, Earrings: Claire's, Socks: Claire's, Brogues: Office

Photobucket

1. BT getting into the Jubilee spirit.

2. Rainy early morning run across Westminster Bridge.

3 - 4. Jubilee accessories.

5. Parent's house looking patriotic.

6 - 7. Trifle-making. Lots of sherry in this.

8. More sugar.

9 - 11. Street party cake competition. I didn't make any of these but whoever made the one I had a slice of, it was amazing!

12. Street party time. So British. So rainy.

How did you celebrate Her Maj's sixty years on the throne?
Share:

16 comments

  1. This dress is gorgeous! I'm obsessed with all things mint at the moment :) Your street party sounds like good fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dress, and the earrings are cute!:)
    We spent the weekend with family, and now have the rest of the week off. Yippee!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dress Lily, you look lovely and that cake is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress, it looks gorgeous on you!
    I worked Saturday - Tuesday at my part time job so I didn't celebrate at all :( I did get some money though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty pretty, I adore that dress x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dress is gorgeous, loving the pastel mint colour!

    Also the jubilee pics look amazing- things like that make me miss England a little bit! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  7. That all looks so much fun, and love all the jubilee inspired fashion! I enjoyed watching stuff on TV and a little party with my family and friends that was awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the extra long weekend: Thanks Queen!! I love the mint dress! It's so pretty. Hopefully we'll get better weather for you to wear it more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww you look lovely, very regal! Looks like you had a wonderful jubilee weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dress is wonderful. It looks like you had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You eating are just too cute x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your dress - it's gorgeous! Looks like you had a brilliant time. Street party looks fab x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous dress doll :)
    I won't lie, I was getting drunk at a festival but I did watch the Jubilee concert which made me feel very proud to be British!
    Hannah xo
    www.girlsclub93.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. the cutest dress!!
    liloo/@tsunimee xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig