Friday, 1 June 2012

Heidi

The sun is here! Well, it was for the weekend at least so after months of wearing tights and coats I finally got to reacquaint myself with summer clothes. I purchased a "blogger favourite", the Motel Heidi dress, at the Motel sample sale a few months ago and wore it for the first time for a day in sunny London:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dress: Motel, Bracelets: souvenirs from Marrakech

I'm a big fan of anything red so loved this dress with my red sunglasses (knock off Raybans) and my favourite red lipstick (Clinique's Red-y to wear). One warning: the dress fabric is very light and even a slight breeze could result in a "Marilyn moment"!

I wore this for dim sum in Chinatown with friends (Fei recommended Top of the Town and the dim sum was amazing, thank you!), a visit to the Damien Hurst exhibition at the Tate Modern (amazing but maybe avoid it if you're vegetarian), chilling out by Tower Bridge and then hopping on the tube to north London for a Eurovision party. I missed the results as I had to get an early night for the Bupa 10,000 the following morning (midnight is so an early night) but did enjoy the "singing" and European inspired party food.







How have you been making the most of the nice weather?
Share:

10 comments

  1. Awwww super cute dress, even if I don't know you personally, I have the impression that it feels your personality well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress looks incredible! I absolutely love it on you. I need to wear more red. I've only just started with red lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely, red really suits you! So glad you enjoyed the dim sum, we should go together sometime :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that dress, red really suits you :) I really wanna try the lipstick now as well xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress, that cut is so flattering, I love things that nip in at the waist like that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress is amazing on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red looks so lovely on you! I've never been for dim sum before and I really want to go now :) xx
    Ella @ Belle Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress, it looks great on you and the color really suits you! I'm going to miss the less warm seasons, I enjoy summer, but it's something about being able to wear stockings and layers of warm clothing.

    That is a very interesting looking dish! :)

    Amour, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig