Friday, 15 June 2012

The Future's Orange

My current go-to brand for new make-up buys is Topshop make-up. The products are very well priced so I don't feel too guilty adding to my already rather large make-up collection.

I picked up a new lipstick and blusher at the John Lewis Spotlight on Beauty event last month. I already had a cream blusher so knew that I loved the formula and wanted to try Neon Rose, a bright corally pink. I'd been looking for an orange lipstick for a while but didn't want to splash out on a Mac one for something that I wasn't entirely sure would suit me. Topshop's Fire Cracker looked like the perfect bright orange so I picked that up too:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Before trying Topshop's High Five blusher I had never used a cream blusher. I don't have any other brands to compare the Topshop ones to but I find the formula really easy to work with, I dot it onto my cheeks using a foundation brush and then lightly blend it. The blushers are quite pigmented and I only need a small amount for them to show up on my pale skin. Neon Rose is a warm peach tone which looks very natural on me but still gives my cheeks a bright pop of colour. If I had a hint of a tan (thanks to the English weather, I don't) it would work nicely to enhance it. I've also tried this dotted onto my lips over lipbalm and it gives them a subtle tint of colour.

Fire Cracker is the first Topshop lipstick I've tried. I was expecting it to be quite a dry matte formula due to the strong colour but it isn't at all, it applies really smoothy and doesn't dry out my lips or crack after a few hours. Its easy to built up the colour from a hint of orange to a full on bright lip. I wasn't sure whether orange would suit me, it's probably not one for the office but I like how its a change from my usual weekend red lip.

Photobucket

Lipstick - £8 Topshop, Blusher - £6 Topshop.

Are you a fan or orange? Which Topshop products should I add to my collection next?

PS. Boohoo are currently offering 10% off to my readers with the code WINNERHSFA to celebrate winning a Lorraine High Street Fashion Award. It's valid until 30 June.
Share:

10 comments

  1. I have a Topshop cream blush too and I love it! I definitely want to try another one and I love the look of this!
    I love orange lipsticks too, I'm sure these both look great on you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have neon rose too and love the fact it's a cream. I find it goes on so smoothly and doesn't make me look like coco the clown!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love their lipsticks, I've just got Mischief and love it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dying to try some orange lipstick! I'd love a topshop lipstick but there are no topshops near me :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never actually tried orange lippy, looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love that colour! I'm a big fan of that cream blush, I need to get some more of it me thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Neon Rose and love it! Firecracker looks lovely on you, I've been wanting an orange lipstick so I'll definitely check this out! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love orangey coral-y makeup! I have the neon rose blush as well and I love the colour on fair skin like yours and mine, but I think orangey shades like these would look great on darker skin as well - so it's an all round win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wouldn't say I was a fan of orange but this color looks very good on you, especially with the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, yes, I do love orange lippy and blusher, given my hair colour, I probably shouldn't though!

    That's a great shade you picked - I like that it's not overly neon, as orange lipsticks tend to be, but rather a warm orange :)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig