Sunday, 20 May 2012

The Week (/Month?) Just Gone

I haven't done a photo round-up post for a while. Here's what I've been doing:

Photobucket

1. Baking (not going to lie, it was a Weight Watchers cupcake mix). I don't do cooking.

2. Graze box (use my code 7KN159X for a freebie).

3. Tower Bridge on an early morning run.

4. New hair and a new hairdressers. I can't seem to stay salon loyal. This was at Rush The Strand and I got a 50% discount so I was pretty happy.

5. Beautiful glasshouse at the Horniman Museum. Definitely recommend a visit if you're in SE London.

6. The Cutty Sark during a freezing May afternoon in Greenwich. Oh how I love the British summer.

7. The Britannica exhibition in Selfridge's Wonder Room.

8. Monte Cristo Sandwich at The Diner in Kensal Rise. Turns out that a club sandwich dipped in blueberry jam is pretty nice. Especially when you then go to watch a film about running. Seriously, though, go see Town of Runners, it's amazing.

9. Book club reads. I'd never heard of Ford Madox Ford before this book came up and wasn't expecting this to be "my thing" but I actually really enjoyed it. This little paperbacks are such good bargains, too.

10 - 12. A weekend in Yokrshire. I went Up North last weekend to run in the Beverley 10k (did it in 1:07, it was hilly!). We stayed in a lovely guesthouse for two nights and spend Monday exploring York and visiting Betty's tea room.

13. 55 Factory Event at Rokit. Vintage clothing, a blow up doll and make-overs on a Thursday night? Yes please!

14. Dead Hippie burger at Meat Market. I hadn't eaten beef in about five years before this. It was super greasy and not something that can be eaten in a ladylike manner but very enjoyable.

15. Said blow-up doll.

16. Ballgowns Exhibition at the V&A with Hannah on Friday evening - loved the display of dresses and the giftshop was amazing.

17. Song Dong's "Waste Not" exhibit at the Barbican. Also visited the Bauhaus exhibition, the Hermes Leather exhibition at the Royal Academy and the Louboutin exhibition on the same day as well as a yummy lunch at Village East.

18. Hannah and I on a vintage Routemaster. Sat at the front of the top deck. Yessss.

19. Louboutin Exhibition at the design museum. I'm not sure whether I actually like Louboutins but the exhibition was really well put together and the hologram display is amazing. Some of the shoes made my feet hurt just looking at them and while the design of the shoes fuses fashion with art I'm not sure I would buy footwear that can only be worn while "leaning on a man's arm" for support!

20. Wearing my metal collar from the V&A.

21. Animals on the Southbank during another run.

Busy busy! This week I'm going to a Stylist beauty hall event at John Lewis and running in the Bupa 10,000 on Sunday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for better weather soon as I'd quite like to wear my summer clothes and I've been spending a small fortune on indoor activities!

How was your weekend? And what does next week have in store for you?
Share:

14 comments

  1. Nice post! :) I love graze boxes they are my favourite snacks ever!

    You should enter my giveaway btw > http://gemsies.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get so excited every time a new box is due!

      Delete
  2. I love that necklace! :)

    www.arabellag.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't cook, either! great post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still managed to create a lot of mess with the packet mix cakes...at least I didn't burn them though! x

      Delete
  4. I really wanted to get this metal collar! Ballgowns is beautiful, I really want to go to the Louboutin exhibition too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw super jealous that you and Hannah went to the Ballgowns exhibition, I really want to go along to it soon (: potentially even more jealous that I missed out on a Meat Market bloggers' pilgrimage! Hope you're well Lily, hopefully we'll get to catch up at an event or meal soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be great to be able to run by the Thames! I have my fingers crossed for good weather too, I need some sun shine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your instagram pics look good!:)

    LOVE your blog!:)

    Maybe we could follow each other?xoxo
    love,
    Shubhi's Revels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love photo posts, particularly ones with food in! That burger looks amazing! I only live about 20 mins out of London but never make the most of all the wonderful places to see/go! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tower Bridge looks gorgeous! What a great location.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I love that metal collar - its stunning!

    Gems x

    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely photos! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig