Saturday, 5 May 2012

Travel Journal: Marrakech [picture heavy]

I recently escaped the "spring" weather with a trip to Marrakech. My mum and I spent 5 days staying in a beautiful Riad, exploring the city and mainly enjoying the sun and being somewhere so entirely different from London. My highlights were: having afternoon tea at the luxurious La Mamounia Hotel, taking a horse drawn carriage around the city walls, the beautiful Maison Tiskiwin, drinking fresh mint tea and relaxing in the Marjorelle Gardens. Can I go back please?

Our Riad:

Photobucket

Exploring the souks:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Delicious salads and afternoon tea at La Mamounia:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sight-seeing:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Have you been to Morocco?
Share:

9 comments

  1. Wow, it looks like a really interesting holiday, great snap shots :) You've made me want to away on holiday right now!


    Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING xxx

    Come say hey at Ducklingtoswan.com! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been dying to go to Marrakech for ages. It looks like such a beautiful place. And aren't Middle Eastern souks the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sooooo want to go to Morocco! Such brilliant pics - looks like you had a great time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I've always wanted to go to Morocco! It looks amazing. Hope you had a great time :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love these kind of blog posts, it has provided us with a bit of escapism! So depressing to look out of my window right now and see the grey skies! Thank you for sharing the pics with us! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    i am a follower on you blog and i have tagged you in a get to no you post :)
    http://fallinglashes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/get-to-know-you-tag.html

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh where did you stay? I'm looking to book a trip in September. Brilliant snaps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    I have been searching for this information and finally found it. Thanks!

    Camel trekking tours Morocco

    ReplyDelete
  9. your photos look amazing! I wish I spent more time in Marrakech its such a lovely place!



    (www.intelligentinputs.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig