Sunday, 27 May 2012

Golden Collar

Upon spotting a sold gold (as in gold-coloured not real gold) metal collar my first thought was "I NEED THIS". A more normal thought would probably be "what the hell is this" or "why would anyone want this" but this is fashion blog world where collars of any sort are viewed as a good thing so, of course, I wanted this. Hannah and I both purchased one for the bargain price of £16 (thank you V&A members' discount!) and I felt happier with my purchase of this than I have with any buy for a long time. Break in spending ban disregarded for this one purchase.

We decided to wear the collars the following day for a busy busy day of exploring London. Londoner's seemed to like the collars, or at least find it interesting/amusing that we'd both (albeit intentionally) decided to wear the same gold metal collar.

Photobucket

Dress: Primark, Jacket: H&M, Shorts (under dress): American Apparel, Collar: V&A, Earings: Topshop

I kept the rest of my outfit fairly "normal" to make the collar stand out. Last weekend was still freezing so the bare legs were not the best idea but it was MAY and I was sick of wearing tights. I try to spend my weekends in bright colours and quirky accessories as I spend Monday to Friday in a fairly conservative office environment so weekends are a chance to go a little crazy and try not to forget that I'm still young(ish) and am definitely not ready to start wearing sensible, weather appropriate clothing.

Instagramming:

Photobucket

What do you think of The Collar? And do you mind when strangers make comments on your outfits?
Share:

10 comments

  1. I think the collar is a real statement piece and you have dressed it really well. Loving your polka dot dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the collar and I really like how you've styled it! Regarding the strangers commenting, d'ya mean in the street? If so I'd rather they didn't! But obvs I don't mind someone commenting on the blog : )

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit strange to get outfit compliments in the street or on the tube! I think its not very natural for Londoners to talk to people they don't know so it is sometimes a bit weird! x

      Delete
  3. Love this! And your hair looks lovely here too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, loved our collar day out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looovvve the collar, and you look fab xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made a curious association with your hair and the collar but you know what? I love your style. The gold collar reminds me of something a superhero would wear, maybe because of the blue and red of your outfit. (Ok now that we know each others for a while you can tell me what your Superpower is. Write it here, I won't tell anyone).

    Anyway, I'd totally wear this piece if it existed in silver brushed metal (I was never too high on gold). With a very neutral/minimal outfit such as a strict black pencil skirt/black pants, sleeveless turtle neck and smoking jacket, that'd be so nice.

    I've never had any stranger commenting on my outfit actually, even the most excentric ones. Often people comment on my face, my eyes, my make up. Compliments I'm always surprised to hear. Personally, I've never commented any stranger's clothes/accessory choices. I do think things but I've never gotten the need nor the natural tendency to reach out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I like the idea of it being a superhero collar! Not sure if I have a superpower though, sadly.
      I love that outfit idea!
      I do sometimes want to compliment someone's outfit/make-up but I'm always far too shy to actually do so. x

      Delete
  7. This is really cool Lily, not surprised at all you snapped it up! I wouldn't mind a comment from a stranger... as long as it was a nice one hehe! ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  8. You girls totally pull it off! I am loving your unique take on fashion. <3

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig