Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Every Little Helps

Way back in November, although under not so different weather conditions, I attended the Clothing At Tesco press day. The clothes I had a sneak peek of then are now in stores, how time flies! I was given a £30 voucher to spend online and couldn't resist spending it as soon as I could on a bright red pencil skirt (£16) and a knitted body con skirt (£14). I was super proud of myself for hitting £30 exactly but due to my rather bulging wardrobe I didn't get around to actually wearing the skirts this winter.

I re-discovered the pencil skirt while frantically looking for something to wear that wasn't a summer dress. I'm lazy when it comes to laundry and dry-cleaning but didn't quite feel like wearing a sleeveless dress when there seemed to be a full scale storm going on outside.

Photobucket

The skirt is very bright so I paired it with a trusty M&S black top and minimal accessories. I work in a grey suit sort of office so this felt quite daring. For £16 the skirt is amazing quality, its lined and the fabric is fitted without being clingy. After a day of sitting at my desk the skirt wasn't creased at all - I hate it when clothes look like I don't own an iron after an hour of sitting down in them. I'm definitely going to look out for this in black next winter.

What's your favourite supermarket clothing bargain?
Share:

16 comments

  1. That red skirt = amazing on you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello hourglass figure! You look like a regular Jessica Rabbit here! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This skirt looks gorgeous on you! I think I own the same one in blue and black stripes - so very non office(!) but I totally agree on the amazing quality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That skirt is absolutely stunning and now I want one! You look lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suits you so well! I think if you work in a office you need a bit of boldness somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic outfit! You look lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing on you!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That skirt looks fantastic on you! I have had a couple of good things from Tesco, I have a great printed tea dress that was cheap but looks great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pencil skirt is so amazing. The length is perfect. You need to wear red more often! It suits you so well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pencil skirt looks fantastic on you. I could never pull of such a thing but you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic skirt, shape is gorgeous on you, very flattering and the colour is gorgeous!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the lovely comments xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This skirt is amazing on you! I would not be able to pull it off as well as you! Loving the colour too :)

    Gemma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI:)
    Great pencil skirt you look amazing.kisses

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look AMAZING, I love this colour on you

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig