Sunday, 1 April 2012

The Week Just Gone v.5

How fast are the weeks going by? I'm sure the older I get the faster the time goes by. I am already feeling like its summer even though its only April 1st but I love summer and pretty much wear summer clothes all year round anyway so cannot wait to ditch the cardigans and tights asap!

Photobucket

1. My favourite summer drink = a Grande Soya Mocha Light Frappuchino. Yes, I am the person with annoying long coffee orders. I don't even want to think about how much I'll be spending on these in the next couple of months.

2. A slice of culture at the V&A. Hannah and I attended a members' evening for their new exhibition on Friday. I'd definitely recommend a visit, there was a great mix of design, fashion and music and it was really visual with not too many things to read which I appreciated as I do enough reading at work!

3. Cookies at the Southbank Chocolate Festival. I love "window shopping" with food, most of the time things look nicer than they taste anyway! Looking forward to summer on the Southbank a lot as there are always interesting things to see.

4. Glittery Cupcakes at the Aussie Catwalk Show. More on the event soon but these were appreciated after a hard morning of egg hunting! I think the blue food colouring made me a little hyper!

5. Rabbit earrings from the V&A giftshop. Yes, I've broken my spending ban but I really couldn't resist these and they were only £5 so it's not too bad a transgression.

6. Evil eye ring in Topshop. Evil eyes are big in Middle-Eastern imagery, I love how they are "in fashion" now. Might have to go back and sneakily purchase this.

What have you been enjoying this week?
Share:

17 comments

  1. Those cookies look simply to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post darling! would you like to follow each other?:X
    Fashionspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to pop along to the British Design exhibition at the V&A...and visit the giftshop!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good exhibition, hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. This week went very fast for me as it was the last week at work before breaking up for the Easter holidays. Now I have two weeks off and I'm so happy. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So jealous! Although I'm definitely looking forward to the long weekend! x

      Delete
  5. I love those earrings! They're so cute. Can't wait to hear more about the Aussie event. I hate that I had to miss it. Hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame you missed it although very jealous of your time in the Middle East. Hope to see you at the next event! x

      Delete
  6. Cool earrings!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very good week you had but no mention of eggs! Love the earring you bought, they're so cute and those Aussie cupcakes were delicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eggs are getting their own post! They deserve it I think...

      Delete
  8. Those cookies look delicious! This week I was enjoying the sun, such a shame the weather has turned again :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so sad to have to put my coat on this morning, although at least I don't have to stress about how pale I am anymore! x

      Delete
  9. We love your blog is wonderful and we are always here.
    We wish you a great week, kisses super Glorinha.
    http://sbrincos.blogspot.com
    We are Google + campaign, count on your collaboration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The V&A giftshop is dangerous! There are so many wonderful things in there! I managed to snap up some Paperself false lashes from there last time I was in London. They're lace design and were a V&A exclusive. Have you heard of the brand? AMAZING!

    Hope you're having a swell ol' day!

    xx, Courtney
    Such A Beautiful Sight

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those Rabbit earrings!! They are awesome! SO cute :)
    Lots of LOVE
    AmenFashion17

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos. I am Greek and the evil eye is HUGE in our culture. It used to be solely religious but has evolved into something more touristy and secular.

    http://myeverydayrunway.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig