Thursday, 26 April 2012

Just 17

I've used 17 cosmetics for years, definitely far before I was actually 17 and even now at the grand old age of 24 they are still a brand that I go to for affordable but great quality make-up. 17 are on a 3 for 2 offer at the moment and combining this with an advantage kiosk offer for a free 17 powder on buying any other product, I was able to purchase these three products for only £5.99. Even my spending ban can deal with that:

Photobucket

I've been using the powder for years, definitely one of my make-up bag staples. The lip stain and mascara are new products for me.

Berry Crush Lip Stain:

Photobucket

This is the first lip pen that I've tried. I like how it makes me feel like a 4 year old child, colouring in my lips with a Crayola felt tip. I've found that I have to be quick with the application so that it doesn't go patchy and make sure that my lips are free from dry patches first to get a really good result with this. I love the finish - it leaves a "no make-up" feel and looks really natural, not like wearing a matte red lipstick but it still brightens up my face and makes my teeth look whiter. The clear balm is great for applying throughout the day - just make sure that the tint is fully dry first to stop the colour transferring off onto the balm. This lasts a good 4 hours without needing a top-up so I imagine I'll use this a lot once our summer finally gets here and I want something low maintenance.

Photo Flawless Lashes - Black Blue:

Photobucket

Firstly, I love the paired down packaging of this. I've been wanting to try Maybelline's "The Falsies" for a while but the giant garish pink tube puts me off actually purchasing it. This mascara claims to brighten eyes with a hint of pearlescent colour. I'm not sure if it does actually make my eyes any brighter but it has a nice finish and doesn't leave my lashes looking dull like some mascaras can. I love the brush - bristly but not so huge that it blobs mascara all over my face. It's easy to build up layers of this mascara and the brush gives a lot of control to reach every lash. I've been reaching for this most days since I bought it so its definitely a make-up bag favourite for now.

Have you tried any of these products?
Share:

9 comments

  1. that lip pen looks good!! :)
    think i shall need to be trying this!
    I <3 17 nail polishes!! :)
    best :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. £5.99 for 3 products is an absolute steal! I love 17 and really do think they have some gems in their range! Love the look of the lip stain pen! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lip pen colour is gorgeous, And 3 products for £5.99 is amazing
    I'm will be trying 17 products real soon :) thanks for the post
    Kiwi..x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of the lip pen, I'm looking for something a bit more wearable for every day than my usual MAC red lippy and that looks great, I may have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lip pens, I hardly use anything else now because i love the bare feeling, now sticky gloss feels un-natural.
    Ooh I love that mascara - I need a new one now and its always the make-up item I hate buying the most as I can never find one that works and them I'm stuck with it. I might try this No. 17 one.

    Gems x

    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that mascara looks gorgeous, much better than I would have thought from 17- I will have to reconsider them next time I'm in Boots. I'm loving their 'Supreme Shine' lipsticks at the moment, especially the colour 'Hot Flash' which is a lovely, orangey tomato red.

    Sarah xx

    www.allthelittlepieces-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These products look great. I really want to try some different brands so will have to give 17 a go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 17 was quite possibly the first makeup brand I ever bought! I never really check out their concessions any more but clearly I need to!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig