Monday, 30 April 2012

Glossy Box Goes Au Naturel

I'm not a GlossyBox subscriber so it was a lovely surprise to find this month's box on my doorstep. For April, GlossyBox have gone with a "natural" theme. I like the idea of having a themed box as I think with some of the beauty boxes I've seen the samples can seem quite random and disparate so its nice to have a theme to draw them all together.

Photobucket

My box:

Photobucket

Caudalie Vinosource SOS Thirst-Quenching Serum

Photobucket

I've not used a serum or any Caudalie products before so I'm excited to try this out. It feels super light on my skin but still moisturising. I don't have dry skin but it has felt a lot drier since coming back from my trip to Morocco last week so I'm looking forward to seeing if this puts my skin back on track.

Inika Cosmetics Certified Organic Lip Liner

Photobucket

I like the idea of organic make-up and this one seems to have good credentials. I'm not really a lipliner fan and the shade of this is a bit odd - a sort of rose gold. I'll probably give this a try but I can't see it becoming a make-up bag staple. Still, can't complain about disliking one out of the five products. Maybe my mum will like it.

Ayuuri Natural Body Wash

Photobucket

I've not heard of this range before. I have to say, it doesn't look as "high-end" as some of the other products in the box but its a full size rather than just a sample and it does smell lovely - like rose Turkish delight. I'm in need of a new shower gel so I'll definitely be using this one! Good timing, GlossyBox.

Figs & Rouge Lip Balm

Photobucket

This smells lovely and sweet without being too sickly. It promises to be 100% natural and organic which seems like a good attribute for a lip product considering that you do essentially end up eating it! This feels moisturising without being greasy and can also be used on dry skin. I'm a bit of a lipbalm addict so like having new ones to try out as I get bored of using the same ones everyday.

Yes! Nurse Protect Your Lovely Hands

Photobucket

I think this is my favourite product in the box. The packaging is super cute and the tube is a great size - much bigger than the last handcream sample I received in a box but still good for throwing in my handbag. The cream has a nice herbal smell and sinks in easily without making my hands feel greasy. This will definitely find a good home on my desk at work.

What did you think of the natural box? Are you a fan of beauty boxes?
Share:

9 comments

  1. I got the same box and I really like it :) The shower wash is lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom has been using that Caudalie Serum and she loves it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the Yes Nurse to review ages ago and its a fab product. I have to say I'd be more tempted to try out a glossy box with a natural theme :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really was a lovely surprise to get the glossybox this month. I can't wait to use the serum and hand cream (I loved the packaging of the hand cream).
    I wasn't a fan of the rose gold lip liner either, but like you said: 1 out of 5 isn't bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a subscriber to any beauty box, but I have seen so many reviews on fellow blogs recently and I'm starting to think that it is a really good way to try out new products, perhaps finding something really spectacular in there.

    I think I might have to sign up :)

    Gems x

    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you got a great box, the hand cream in particular is meant to be really good. Shame you didn't like the lipliner, but I guess with surprise boxes there'll always be at least one product x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog! just followed! Can't wait to get my first glossybox!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a subscriber to any of these beauty boxes, but I always love what I see in them! I love lip balms...especially when they come in pretty tins.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely blog!
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig