Saturday, 7 April 2012

Eggstravagansa!

Those of you who follow me on Twitter will know that for the past few weeks Hannah and I were busy devoting our weekends (and sometimes evenings) to the Big Egg Hunt. I ended up finding 187 out of 210 of the eggs which was bittersweet, the over-achiever in me was a tiny bit disappointed that I missed out 23 of them but glad that my Facebook and Twitter friends hadn't defriended me after hearing me talk about nothing but eggs for three weeks.

The egg hunt took me to parts of the city I'd never been before. Eggs were hunted in a beautifully sunny St James' Park, a grey and dreary Canary Wharf and with the assistance of a beautifully suited man on Savile Row. I walked miles around London, got the blisters to prove it and managed to get myself locked in a private garden along the way. But, most importantly, I had a lot of fun. Hannah was far more organised than myself and without her maps and eggemplary planning I would never have found as many as I did.

An unexpected perk was that I didn't spend any money while doing this apart from a few much needed Starbucks visits along the way. I can't help but think that the next few weeks on my spending ban are going to be much harder now that I don't have this to occupy myself (and, sadly, did not win the £100,000 Jubilee Egg).

Photobucket

Happy Easter!
Share:

3 comments

  1. Wow, that's a lot of eggs! They're all so pretty. It's still an achievement to have found that many. Amazing. I'd love to do something like that. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you did a great job! xx
    Ella @ Belle Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was really fun! Still a bit sad that it's over and that I didn't get them all! x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig