Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Weekend Face

Make-up wise, weekends are a time for me to either try out something different (working in an office doesn't give any opportunities for make-up experimentation during the week) or keep things simple and fresh-looking. Most of the time I stick to the latter. My current easy weekend face looks like this:

Photobucket

Base: I start off by evening out my t-zone with Benefit's The Porefessional. I have normal/combination skin which gets shiny quite quickly so this product is perfect for me. I use YSL's Touche Eclat to hide the dreaded undereye circles which don't budge no matter how much sleep I get or how much water I drink. I've been using Touche Eclat on and off for the past 6 years but I don't repurchase it that often - there are comparable products out there for a quarter of the price (but with less nice packaging). I don't use foundation, I hate the feel of it on my skin and am terrified that it will break me out but I always use 17 Pressed Powder on my t-zone followed by Witch concealer on any blemishes. Shade 1 is perfect for my pale skin and it doesn't get cake-y throughout the day.

Cheeks: I start by applying Topshop's Cream Blush in High Five with Ecotools foundation brush. This really brightens my face and makes me look healthy even if I don't particularly feel it! I layer L'Oreal Glam Bronze in Blondes on top. I don't bother with contouring or highlighers. Life's too short for all that faff.

Eyes: I always start with Mac's Rubenesque Paintpot, even if I'm not using any other shadows. I go through phases with eyeshadow and at the moment all of mine are feeling rather unloved. I use Benefit's Eyebright in the inner and outer corners of my eyes and then line my upper lashline with L'Oreal Superliner in Carbon Gloss. I don't feel like I'm wearing make-up without my liner. I use one of my many mascaras - at the moment its Soap & Glory's Thick and Fast (review coming soon) and then fill in any gaps in my brows with Rimmel's Hazel brow pencil.

Lips: I've just started using Lush's lip scrub in Mint Julips to exfoliate my lips. I'm limiting myself to using it once a day as it tastes so good! I then apply Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream as a lipbalm and then Model's Own Diet Coke lipgloss in Lacquer Red.

A few of the products I've mentioned are pictured here.

The basics of my make-up routine haven't really changed much since I started this blog. I mix around my lip products and blushers a lot but some of the products I use I've repurchases loads of times and they'll probably be the ones that I use forever!

What are you everyday essentials?
Share:

8 comments

  1. God, I wish my eyelashes were as long as yours. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eyelashes look amazing! I'm the same in that the only real things I switch around is my blusher...must get more use out of all of my eyeshadows!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have THE longest lashes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you're not using foundation! Your face is flawless! :) X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel like my skin is finally behaving itself again...fingers crossed it stays this way! x

      Delete
  5. Can I just say how jealous I am of your amazing eyebrows? I get major eyebrow envy ;-) My everyday essential has to be my eyebrow powder and wax pallete from Benefit because my eyebrows are so non-existent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used to hate my full brows when I was younger but I love them now, even if they do take a lot of work - I have the fastest growing eyebrows ever so feel like hours of my life are spent plucking them! The Benefit brow palette is amazing. x

      Delete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig