Monday, 13 February 2012

Refresh: Working Wardrobe

While I still like dressing up for work every day, having to stick to wearing less than 50% of my wardrobe for more than 50% of my week does get a bit dull. There's only so much accessorizing I can do to work outfits. Sometimes a girl just needs to shop:

Photobucket

Dress: Dorothy Perkins

This was a sneaky sale purchase in order to get free delivery from Dorothy P. I love how this dress is super soft and comfortable for long days in the office but still smart enough for work.

Photobucket

Dress: Next

I usually avoid Next for work wear as I think it's a bit too "office" but I couldn't resist picking up this dress in the sale for only £14. I love the pinafore-style pockets and its one of my few work dresses with sleeves (the perils of buying most of your workwear in August is that you will freeze in the office in February!).

How do you beat workwear boredom?
Share:

15 comments

  1. OMG!! I've totally in love with that first dress. I want it. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. DP dress is gorgeous, it accentuates your waist so well! X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first dress is a stunner! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bargains! I can be quite flexible with my work wear so always try and make use of as much of my wardrobe as possible, I used to have a bad habit of saving items for the weekend and then hardly wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That DP dress is stunning on you! I love the shape of it and how the 2 colours go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love that first dress on you so much x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first dress is a beaut! I don't need to dress up for work, in fact even one of the directors walks around in crazy shirts and jeans :p x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both dresses! I just have lots of separates that I mix and match so it's like a new outfit every time. And my massive waffle carrie is my best friend :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. cardie* - wow my laptop just spell checked me, ha ha xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. very chic work wear, the first dress is just stunning on you! Work wear can really depress me too because I can't even dress fancy for my job :(
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such lovely dresses! I don't have workwear and Im finding the whole thing very intimidating! xx
    Ella @ Belle Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  12. first dress oh my god ! you look triffic in it.. i need that dress

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally agree - workwear can be boring especially when you don't have much. A couple of weeks ago I spent a week concentrating on wearing more accessories to work, and it really helped me make my outfits more exciting even though the clothes were the same.

    Having said that shopping is also a good option and I lvoe these two dresses on you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the first dress :) ....cute blog-new follower
    Dominique
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look gorgeous! I love the dress, it really suits your lovely figure x

    I am doing a big jewellery giveaway on my blog, feel free to enter

    THE BLACK PEARL

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig