Tuesday, 21 February 2012

A Fashionable Blur: Math Collective LFW A/W 2012

London Fashion Week has slightly majorly passed me by this year. Turns out that working 12+ hour days and fashion don't really go together too well. I'm glad that I didn't make any plans as it would have been heartbreaking to have to cancel them but I was super envious of everyone's Tweets and pictures.

I finally got round to going to my first (and only) show tonight and it didn't disappoint. The Freemasons hall was a great venue - I've walked past the building countless times as it's around the corner from where I went to university but never really had a clue what it was! I quickly checked out the exhibition before joining the queue for the show. I felt like a bit of a geek for being first in the queue, so much for being fashionably late!

The show I saw was by Math Collective. Sadly I didn't get into the show first but was rather pleased where I ended up sitting - right in the middle of the third row! Anna Wintour, watch your back.

The collection was really beautiful, and surprisingly wearable. Unlike shows I've seen in the past I could actually imagine real people wearing these clothes and not getting any odd glances - just looking beautifully stylish. The combination of silk and tweed was really beautiful, I loved the oversized tweed bags and the colour scheme of red, navy and grey with a flash of orange.

My pictures are pretty terrible but I was more concerned with looking at the clothes and soaking up the atmosphere of the show rather than viewing it through my shaky iPhone screen but here you go:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ok, so its really hard to see what the clothes were actually like from these photos. I'll try to find some better ones taken by someone else.

Did you go to any LFW shows? Which were your favourites?
Share:

4 comments

  1. I didn't go to LFW but i did enjoy reading the coverage and all the tweets. Orla Kiely's collection looked very lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Holly Fulton, Front Row. My 1st show and it was amazing, read about it here http://www.glitzngrime.com/2012/02/week-in-pictures-2-very-exciting-one.html
    love your blog.
    now following. xxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig