Sunday, 15 January 2012

Mascara-holic

New year, new mascaras!

First up, L'Oreal Telescopic. I've had mixed experience of L'Oreal mascaras in the past but decided to give this one a try as I've heard good reviews of it and it helped me reach the £15 spend limit needed to get a free gift (I'm easily persuaded).

Photobucket

I'm really impressed with this mascara. The brush is nice and thin so it doesn't blob all over my eyelids. The rubber comb brush is great for getting right to the root of my lashes and it only needs a couple of coats to get my desired look. The formula is glossy and it hasn't smudged once despite the ridiculously windy weather making me cry on my walk to work every morning! I've actually thought of wearing sunglasses to stop this happening but that could look a bit ridiculous seeing as there is no sun.

Photobucket

Mascara number 2 is 17's new Peep Show. In another fickle moment of consumerism I bought this one because I liked the packaging and because it came with a free eyeshadow palette. Even though I already have loads of eyeshadows.

This mascara has a much thicker brush so has to be applied a little more carefully. Once I'd got used to the brush I really like how full and curly it makes my lashes. This mascara is less glossy then Telescopic but gives a softer look and can easily be built up for a more dramatic look whereas Telescopic isn't as buildable. The eyeshadow palette is really pretty. After not wearing eyeshadow for ages I've actually used this everyday since I got it. The shadows last well and don't crease or fade throughout the day. Not bad for around £5 for both of them.

Have you tried any of these mascaras?
Share:

15 comments

  1. L'oreal telescopic was the first mascara I ever bought and I hated it. A few weeks ago I decided to try it again as I had heard lots of good things so thought maybe my luck would change. I was wrong. I really don't like it the brush is far to small for my liking. I love love L'oreal million volume lashes xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried that mascara some time aga and I loved it. Check out the give away on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try that mascara for a while now. I think just might!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purchased peep show recently too because I liked the colour and the free palette! Haven't tried out the palette yet though, must give it a whirl tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried the Telescopic and I did love it, but your lashes look incredible with it. I guess it goes from person to person. Peep show must not be available in the U.S. because I would've bought it based on the packaging lol.

    Mabel
    Mabel Time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lily you make me sick with envy over your long eyelashes!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing! I need to get some new mascara so might give this one a whirl!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to get Peep Show mascara, but I'll probably wait for the 17's famous 3 for 2 offer... ;) X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Telescopic mascara is one of my favourite mascaras of all time x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both these mascaras look fab. I haven't tried either of them before, but I'm definitely tempted to now! I'm constantly on the look-out for the 'perfect' mascara.

    Gillian x
    elevatormusik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both the mascara's look amazing. I love the Peep Show one. I will definitely look into buying that one. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both these mascaras look great, iv only tried the L'oreal one a while ago and I think I liked it, cant really remember, but I like the look of the 17 one, may have to give that one a go next time! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I love it! Your lashes look amazing I havent tried either of these!

    dp
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. any mascara on those lashes would look phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig