Sunday, 22 January 2012

Ladybug

For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to book a hair appointment for 9am on a Saturday. It then seemed like an even better idea to not get out of bed until 7.30am for the very reason that it was a Saturday. Cue a panic of what to wear. I always feel a little bit judged when I go to the hairdressers, possibly because I only go twice a year and my hair is always a mass of split ends and tangles. Possibly because the thought of staring at myself in the mirror for an hour makes me feel a little uneasy. And possibly because there's always the risk of crying myself to sleep for the next month because I hate the results.

After a few minutes of panic I opted for a polka dot skater dress, opaque tights and flat Chelsea boots. Feeling that this outfit was "haircut appropriate" I rushed out of the door and even managed to get to the hairdresser early:

Photobucket

Dress: Primark, Hair: prior to hairdresser's work

I got my haircut at Lisa Shepherd, just off of Oxford Circus. The salon was one of the nicest I've been to - really slick and modern and they gave me a very nice cappuccino which definitely helped make me feel a bit more awake. My stylist, Luke, was super friendly and made me feel much more chilled out about the hair cutting process. He got rid of all the yucky ends and put in some long layers before blow-drying it to a nice bouncy finish after I'd expressed my hatred of straightened hair! All while I caught up with the latest trashy magazines.

I took a sneaky picture in the loos at the salon so as I didn't trust the London weather to keep it looking nice for the rest of the day:

Photobucket

My hair doesn't look an awful lot different but it feels so much healthier and I'm glad that I resisted "face framing layers" or any sort of fringe as I've learned from past errors that they're just an invitation for my hair to misbehave.

Do you like visits to the hairdressers? I get really nervous beforehand but do like getting my hair washed and blowdried without me having to lift a finger!
Share:

20 comments

  1. Awww your hair looks so lovely!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely! I'm terrified of going to the hair dressers as every time without fail in the past I've come out hating what they've massacred my hair into, so I haven't been for about two years now, eek! It feels awful admitting that! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Addicted to skater dresses at the mo! I hate the hairdressers, so scared of the hairdressers, I dont want all my hard growing work to be lost :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks gorgeous and I love that dress x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My biggest fear is that my hairdresser will should at me for the poor condition my hair is in! It's never happened though, lol, although, I did get a telling off for getting my mum to cut my fringe once. Anyway, love the end result of your hair. They came out great. And love the dress you wore: it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I once got told off for self-trimming my hair...the hairdresser could tell straight away which was a bit embarrassing as I thought I'd done an ok job! x

      Delete
  6. Your hair looks great! Love that dress too. I really need to get mine trimmed urgently!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks gorgeous, full of shine and life. The salon looks pretty stylish from the loos. :)
    I don't mind the hairdressers, being one mean I know if they are going to layer me up with a mullet so I can stand firm and say no.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty cool salon, I think I'll go back next I need a haircut! That's good that you can relax and know that you're not going to be given a mullet! x

      Delete
  8. I love this dress on you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dress is gorgeous- I love polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new hair is gorgeous! I love the colour of it too. I'm so ashamed, I've not had a haircut since May xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous dress, you look great!

    http://thefashioninbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. aw, lily, you look lovely! i so need a haircut, starting to look like a spaniel or something! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this dress, looks stunning on you. oh and i hate going to the hair dressers too and also get really nervous xx
    Ella @ Belle Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hun that dresses looks amazing on you, such a flattering colour! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that dress really suits you. J'adore xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That dress is lovely :)
    I am not a fan of the hairdressers, I have curly hair and it never turns out well.......
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE that dress on you! It's so pretty and the colour is gorgeous.

    Huge fan of your blog! xx

    http://throughtheeyesoflaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. oohw, that dotted dress is so cute and you look so great in it! <3


    You can enter our Romwe giveaway here

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig