Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Foodie Heaven: Tas

Tas is one of my favourite London restaurants. It's a small chain so there are a few branches to choose from but it lacks the feel of a chain restaurant. The food is super yummy, there's a great selection of vegetarian choices and the prices are really reasonable. I visited for dinner with my mum and this is what we had:

Photobucket

Lentil soup and Turkish bread arrived at our table not long after we'd been sitting down. I was starving so this was much appreciated while we pondered the menu and tried to decide upon our main course.

Photobucket

I opted for a Pide - a sort of Turkish pizza. The base was really light and crispy and the mixed veggie toppings were very yummy. This tasted far healthier than a regular pizza!

Photobucket

My mum chose the stuffed baby aubergines with cous cous and Greek yogurt. I had this last time and can say that it's delicious.

I'd definitely recommend Tas if you're looking for looking to try something a little different from the usual chains but without spending a lot of money. I'd go back for the Turkish apple tea alone!

Have you tried Tas?
Share:

9 comments

  1. The Pide looks delicious! I've never had Turkish food before, I'm jealous of you living in London and being able to sample so many yummy foods

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious, sadly I don't live in London otherwise I would be giving this a try

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos of your meals look scrumptious but don't really appeal to me, peppers on a pizza and you'd here me scraeming a mile off and im not a fan of aubergines, but will definately look out for this little reasturant when i'm next in London xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This food looks amazing! I love Turkish Apple tea as well! xx
    Ella @ Belle Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  5. That all looks delicious! Will definitely keep my eye out when I'm next in London!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my god I ate pide all the time when I was in Turkey and forgot what it was called - amazing! Now to go find a recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Turkish pizza looks so yummy, I love how colourful it looks. Going to have a look on their website now to see if they have a chain near me x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig