Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Current Favourites

I sometimes forget that this blog started life as a "beauty blog". I haven't done a proper make-up post for so long! I thought I'd share some of my favourite products at the moment, most of which are new discoveries of mine:

Photobucket

1. Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream

Photobucket

I've owned a few tubes of 8 Hour Cream in the past but couldn't resist this limited edition pot. It is essentially expensive Vaseline but with a much nicer fragrance and while it does not last for 8 hours it does last far longer than regular lip balm. The pot is huge so this will definitely last me for the rest of the winter. And it makes me feel like I'm worth it to know that I spent around £15 on something that, really, is just expensive Vaseline.

2. Benefit The Porefessional

Photobucket

One of my biggest skin woes is the dreaded midday "shiny nose". I hate having to constantly touch up my make-up and before trying this I was really doubtful that pore products would make any different to my skin besides clogging it up more. I tried out this at a Benefit counter and I'm so glad I was persuaded both to have the "free" make-over and to buy it. I use this every single day and genuinely don't know how I ever survived without it. It really smooths out pores, stops shine and hasn't made me breakout. Definite repurchase. (FYI, Diet Coke are doing a £5 off a £20 online spend at Benefit at the moment. I have about 10 of the ring pulls floating around in the bottom of my handbag)

3. Chopard Wish Perfume

Photobucket

I don't have a signature scent and love trying out different perfumes. I've been using this tiny bottle of Chopard's Wish lately as I wanted to check I liked it before I pack it for my holiday at the end of this month and now I've used over half of it up! I'm rubbish at describing perfumes but this is just a nice, inoffensive scent - it's not too over-powering and there's nothing really not to like about it. The little bottle has a loop on the lid so that you can attach it to...something. Cool.

4. Monu Revitalising Moisturiser

Photobucket

Before I reached the grand old age of 24 I never really used moisturiser. I've never felt like my skin needed it and used to worry that it'd just give me spots. Since working in a freezing air-conditioned office my skin has been noticeably drier so I've been taking my first tentative steps towards becoming a moisturiser user. This came free in my November GlossyBox. Originally the fact that it has a definite scent really put me off (I have super sensitive skin that freaks out at anything perfumed)but after gradually trying it out until I was sure my skin liked it I now use this every day. It hasn't made me break out and isn't too heavy for a first-timer, I like how it also has sunscreens in it, just in case a few chance rays of sunshine hit my skin on my way to work (unlikely but it could happen).

5. L'Oreal Glam Bronze

Photobucket

I got this free in a L'Oreal gift set and it's quickly become an everyday product. The mix of blusher and bronzer is ideal for my pale skin and it has the perfect amount of shimmer - enough so that I look healthy despite not seeing sunlight since October but not too much that I look like a glitter ball under the unflattering office lighting at work. It even has a little brush underneath the powder which makes it perfect for touch-ups.

6. Topshop Cream Blusher in High Five & Ecotools Foundation Brush

Photobucket

Further proof that I am not a real "beauty blogger" - this is my first ever cream blush. I finally purchased one of the Topshop cream blushers as I'd read so much about them on blogs and wanted to try one out for myself. At £6 I wasn't going to cry if I hated it (I would, in fact, have given it to my mum who probably would've pretended that she liked it even if she didn't). I hate putting my fingers in products so also purchased a foundation brush to apply it with as that's how the make-up artist at the Aussie event did it. I got the Ecotools one because it was the cheapest in Boots and because I don't actually wear foundation so wasn't too bothered about the brush. It's actually really good, nice soft bristles and absolutely no shedding. I just dab on the blusher with the brush and then quickly blend it with my fingers. I mostly use this on days when I feel super pale and gross - it's amazing how happy and healthy this makes me look. £6 well spent!

What are your current favourite products? Have you used any of these ones?
Share:

14 comments

  1. I'm glad the POREfessional works for you, it doesn't seem to be doing anything for me -_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every review I read about POREfessional is great, I just know that the product is not for me, because I never had problems with pores. (Dry skin is another issue ;) )

    I've been dying to try Topshop blushes for ages now, I really need to buy one this weekend, they look so pretty and everyone is raving about them.

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think its more suited for oily skin. My skin got super dry when I was away and it didn't do much for it. I know that this product will be my savior in the summer though! x

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the mini porefessional review, I've been on the fence about buying it... My problem is also the dreaded shiny nose and I think you've convinced me! :)

    ug-lily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it works well for you, it's definitely better than the No 7 matte primer which I used to use! x

      Delete
  4. I really want to try the Porefessional, it sounds so good! I also want to try a cream blusher :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really interested in the Porefessional, as I too am a shiny nose sufferer!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like I really need to give the 8 hour cream a try, the cold weather has made my lips so dry and chapped. Benefit Porefessional sounds lovely too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love topshop blushers...I was totally surprised by how good they are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Topshop make-up is so much better quality than I was expecting, the only annoying thing is that the white packaging ends up looking really dirty in my make-up bag. x

      Delete
  8. I have the topshop cream blusher and the pore professional and love them both. I've found I don't need to use the pore professional that often but when I need it its fab. I love 8 hour cream for my chapped lips too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh i really want to smell the chopard perfume!! You need to get head over heels blush from Topshop as your next cream blush xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the Porfeessional, but never used it. I think I will now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ive used this topshop cream blusher before and love it!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig