Friday, 30 December 2011

Tea For Three

2011 has definitely been the year of afternoon tea. I don't think I'd ever had it before my mum's birthday in January but since then I've been for a few and loved all of them. I decided to re-create afternoon tea for my parents while I was home for Christmas. Considering that the extent of my "cooking" is pouring cereal into a bowl I was pretty pleased with how this turned out:

Photobucket

Spicy mini chicken wraps and smoked salmon pinwheel sandwiches. I used leftover chicken from Christmas day for the wrap and cut it into 4 slices before poking a cocktail stick through to stop them from falling apart. The pinwheel sandwiches were super easy - I cut the crusts off some seeded sliced bread, spread with Total Greek yogurt and added a slice of smoked salmon before rolling in cling-film, placing in the fridge for half an hour and then slicing up!

Photobucket

More mini chicken wraps and egg and spinach bagel bites. The bagel bites were by far the messiest but I think these were my favourite.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nutella brownies (recipe here) and Nutella crispie cakes (Nutella + fruit and fibre cereal + fridge for two hours).

Photobucket

Ta-da!

The china is my mum's Wedgewood set, a vintage cake-stand and a vintage "Homemaker" plate. I need to get a proper cake stand for next time!

What are you favourite afternoon tea treats?
Share:

8 comments

  1. I love this! Everything is so dainty and sweet and tasty looking. I don't do afternoon tea, but it sounds so fun!!

    Mabel
    Mabel Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely been a year of Afternoon Tea for me as well. Looks like you did a great job on it! It looks delicious.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw this is so cute, me and my Mam had a mini one on boxing day - sandwiches, scones, little cakes and mini rolls :-) I adore afternoon tea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so yummy, especially the salmon pinwheels! I love afternoon tea too, one of my favourite kind of meals particularly around christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god, umm, YUM?! I wanna eat all of this, haha <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much delicious food! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One word springs to mind....YUM!!!! Love your blog, take a look at my blog http://itsallvoguetome.blogspot.com/ - I'm a newbie but I'll update regularly! xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig