Saturday, 10 December 2011

Foodie Heaven: The Dime Bar

Last week I took a trip to Clapham for a friend's birthday brunch. I've never been out for brunch before and I'm usually obsessive about having breakfast (cereal is probably my favourite food, how terrible!) so this was quite a new eating experience. We headed to The Dime Bar, an American-themed diner on Battersea Rise for their £16 brunch and bottomless cocktail deal.

Firstly, my outfit:

Photobucket

Dress: Louche @ Joy, Belt: Primark, Shoes: Carvela

Now for the food:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had the pancakes and waffles. It was meant to come with ice-cream but I have an aversion to all things dairy so asked for it without. My friend had the "Truckers Breakfast" which was huge - I don't think I've ever seen a plate so big! I'm still sad that I couldn't finish my pancakes, they were so yummy but so, so filling! I'm not a huge fan of cocktails as I don't really like the taste of alcohol but I tried a Bloody Mary for the first time (it was really spicy, are they meant to be?!) and also had a Mimosa. I think the bottomless cocktails make this deal amazingly good value if you have a few of them!

I'd definitely recommend a visit to The Dime Bar if you're in the area. It had a quiet, chilled out vibe during the day and the staff were happy for us to linger until the evening when the bar got busier.

Where's your favourite brunch venue? I really want to try The Diner next after reading about it on a few blogs!
Share:

10 comments

  1. It looks so yummy! I'd pass meat because I'm a vegetarian, but please give me hash brownies any time! ;) X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks so so SOOOO good! I would definitely visit next time i am in the area! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh lordy! I love my self some breakfast/brunch, this place looks immense! I need to get myself there NOW! Bottomeless cocktails, oh my! all this sounds fab
    You look gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Brunch! One of my favourite meals. Yu pancakes and waffles look delicious!!
    The Diner is amazing. you should definitely head over there.

    And your dress is so pretty as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my god those pancakes! My mouth is actually watering right now.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The food looks so good. I love pancakes x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking gorgeous babe. Loving the dress. A sophisticated cut but bright with the printed material :D love it !

    Mmmmm I am beginning to hate your foodie posts, the food always looks so goooooood & tempting. I haven't had a big breakfast or waffles in months & after looking at this I think I am in need of one :|

    Ok its decided I am moving to London to eat all these foods with you haha

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I want to go here. I want to the Diner at the weekend for the first time and it was lovely, such a cool place. Love the dress too, so pretty x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig