Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Day & Night

I am a chronic over-planner at weekends. I always feel like I need to cram as much into my Saturdays as possible and last weekend was no different. I had plans to meet a friend for lunch at Tibits, visit the Postmodernism exhibition at the V&A and then go to a different friend's birthday meal...all with no time in between to pop back home to change into my party dress. Dilemma. Here's how I solved it:

Day:

Photobucket

Dress: c/o Motel Rocks, Jumper: TU @ Sainsburys, Necklace: Topshop: Boots: Office, Watch: ASOS

Night:

Photobucket

Same outfit + red lipstick + Dune heels (as worn here)

I love how this dress is "party" enough for the evening but really comfortable to wear all day. With opaque black tights and a jumper to hide the sheer panels it worked really well as a skirt and then I swapped the boots and jumper for heels in the evening. This strategy also paid off for the tube ride home as I didn't have to totter down the escalators in my heels or freeze to death!

How do you deal with day-to-night dressing?

PS. Don't forget you can still get 15% off at Motel with the code TOPBLOG15
Share:

9 comments

  1. Great idea! I tend to try and do something similar, a change of shoes and accessories can make all the difference I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That necklace is amazing! its soooo me, I love it! And you look stunning in that dress! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect day-night outfit. Putting a jumper over the party dress was a fab idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea! I really like the dress..& the necklace is very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous dress!

    I am a weekend overplanner too - I can't understand how anyone can spend half of saturday asleep - they're missing the best day of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lily, LOVE these outfits! Perfect day to night transition. The dress is gorgeous and looks so cute with the woolly jumper. I'm a fan of this type of styling too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. the little black dress is great so go for it:)
    Visiting your blog for the first time, want to follow each other?
    Hugs sweetie

    flutrafashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG i love that necklace you look great x

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig