Thursday, 15 December 2011

Christmas Shopping

I had a day off work today so headed to Westfield Stratford to do some Christmas shopping. I bought a couple of presents for my parents and friends but I also ended up buying a few things for me. How predictable.

I usually hate Christmas shopping but Westfield today was quite a pleasant experience, it wasn't too busy and I enjoyed a yummy lunch, a Waitrose cookery demonstration and treated myself to a 10 minute massage from Massage Angels at the end of my day.

Here are some of my purchases:

Photobucket

A few new make-up items. I don't really need any new make-up but I'm getting a bit bored with the products I do have. The Vanilla Coke chapstick was only £1 from Primark, it smells so sweet and sickly - I love it! I've wanted a Topshop blusher for about a year and finally got round to buying one. It was only £6 and I've heard a lot of good things about them. I also picked up a couple of new Benefit products after trying them out at the counter. I love how The Porefessional makes my skin look more even and glow-y without looking or feeling like I'm caked in make-up. I've never really used brow products before but after trying Brow-Zings I couldn't believe what a difference it made to my face. Don't worry, I'm not going to go all Scouse Brow on you.

Photobucket

I love skater dresses. They're so flattering and easy to wear. This one was only £10 so I couldn't resist!

Photobucket

I've wanted a red work dress for a while. After trying on loads in other shops, typically this £15 Primark number looked the best. I'll probably wear it to a Christmas party before it joins my working wardrobe as it's so bright and festive.

Photobucket

I love a good bargain and when I saw this Angora cardi in Whistles reduced from £120 to £45 I snapped it up. I often impulse buy silly things in the sale like party dresses that I'm not going to get a chance to wear for the next year but you can never have too many cardigans.

Photobucket

Finally, shopping fuel from Comptoir Libanais. I am not a fan of Christmassy food at all but could probably eat falafel every single day.

Have you done your Christmas shopping yet?
Share:

29 comments

  1. The Benefit Porefessional is at the top of my christmas list, I really want to try it out as I've heard so many good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just keep buying stuff for myself!!! Haven't gotten round to buying anything for anyone else. I love your polka dot, red dress.

    Mabel
    Mabel Time

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely choices!

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the leopard print cardi, so pretty and it looks super soft (even though I don't wear wool).

    I have the POREfessional and I'm not sure it really does something for me, it doesn't conceal my pores... ):

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul. <3 I am so tempted to try Porefessional :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you got some great stuff! I love the skater dress. Is the Benefit pore cream good? I have it, but haven't used it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your buys! I walked past that Primark spotty dress but now have an urge to revisit it! Lovely cardigan too, I get so much wear from my cheapo H&M version, even though my bf makes endless comments about Bet Lynch when I wear it. Boys do not get leopard print. More fool them! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been using the topshop cream blusher all year and I love it, same with the poreprofessional too! I have one more gift to buy then I'm all set thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always end up buying for myself when I'm supposed to be Christmas shopping too!
    Brow Zings are the best! The Primark dresses look gorgeous too... what bargains! xx

    Tor @ That's Peachy Fashion Blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your red polka dot dress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must try the benefit pore stuff, heard lots of good things about it! I agree that falafel is amazzzzing xx
    Ella @ Belle Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  12. love it, you found some great piece's at amazing prices to :)
    I love going Stratford westfield, it has all the best shops under one roof (y)
    Kiwi ..x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want that cardigan is so pretty =D

    http://romantique-obsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I went to west field today too, i can't believe the products you got. I really want the porefessional and the blush too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I once tried an ex-roommates Porefessional (sneaky) I absolutely loved it, one of the main reasons I wear foundation is to cover my pores so this is so good for evening everything out, I've yet to buy it and I don't know what's stopping me, maybe my bad memory!

    http://nikkiniknaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loves the whistles cardigan!!
    Cute blog too!

    http://lotties-loves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love this blush :)
    http://kimsalome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love comptoir libanais - definitely good shopping fuel! The red spotty dress is lovely as well - bet it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the blush, what colour is it? x

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is so true - you can never have enough of good cardigans!!! :)

    Dear Lily, I got the same polka-dot dress from Primark. Only mine is black dots on white - it is so cute a flattering! X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab haul. Don't trust myself to go shopping in a big mall like Westfield but from the sounds of it Stratford sounds cool - especially as you said it's not too busy...me likes! Yep agree, you can never have enuff cardis! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for all your comments - glad that there are other Porefessional and falafel fans out there! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. @ HiFashion - I wasn't sure about the pore cream until I actually tried it on my skin at the counter, it really does make a difference and makes my skin look much more even.

    @ Dollyfaces - it's Head Over Heels, I wanted Neon Rose originally but I don't think they make it anymore :(

    @ Mademoiselle Lala - it's a fab dress! I didn't see the black and white one when I got mine, I need to start making more regular Primark trips!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh lovely things, I want to try both those Benefit items and the dresses are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  25. We just found your blog and glad we did. We are following! We really want to try the Benefit Porefessional. And great pieces you picked up. Love the leopard sweater!!
    We'd love for you to stop our blog by and enter our last giveaway...Hello Kitty:
    http://www.herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com/2011/12/hello-kitty-giveaway.html

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sorry! Posted too soon before I saw your note about giveaways. We are just TOO excited about this last one. Please forgive. But we'd love for you to visit our blog.

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks like a good, productive shopping day to me! Love the cardigan from Whistles, what a great sale purchase and a bargain of a reduction!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig