Friday, 18 November 2011

What's Better Than A New Dress?

...two new dresses, obviously. Last week for work I broke out two new dresses. I need to get used to the fact that I soon won't have anything new to wear and that buying a new dress every week is both unnecessary and terrible for my bank balance. But, for now, lets just bask in the joy of wearing something for the first time!

My first dress is from good old M&S. I love anything that nips in at the waist and this dress is perfect for smarter days as its probably the longest dress in my working wardrobe. I'm not really used to wearing this length but it felt nice to have a change and not to have to work about wearing something inappropriately short:

Photobucket

Photobucket

My second dress might just be my favourite dress in my wardrobe (for now). I purchased this last weekend for £24.99 from Tk Maxx in South Kensington. The label inside is a Topshop label and after I bought it, I popped into Topshop next door and saw the exact same dress for £46. Strange. I'm asking Father Christmas for it in every other colour if it goes into the sale:

Photobucket

Photobucket

How often do you treat yourself to new clothes?

I try to be restrained but I probably end up buying a couple of new things each month...oops.
Share:

13 comments

  1. That second dress is gorgeous, such a bargain as well! It's a lovely colour, I'm on the look out for a dark blue dress at the moment.
    I usually don't buy any new clothes for a month or two and then go on a massive spending spree and buy lots of new things at once! After I've handed in my uni essays at the end of the month I'm going to treat myself to a shopping trip and buy some new things.

    Gillian x
    elevatormusik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that second dress was my fav its stunning with those pearls !!!


    Please follow my new blog Love,fashion, shopping Fancysteps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are gorgeous! I saw the blue one in my local topshop, it's so lovely. I buy new clothes way to often....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both new dresses look great. The second one is my favourite!! And it was such a bargain.

    I know I shouldn't, but I buy a couple of new pieces every month as well! I just went on a little online spree, so won't be shopping again until the Sales.

    ReplyDelete
  5. both these dresses are gorgeous! cant believe you got the Topshop one so much cheaper, well spotted!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool blog! Just came across it :) i like the dresses they look quite classy.

    i'm actually getting quite good at not being tempted when i'm out shopping.. or window shopping i should say.

    MLx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing is better than a new dress! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I treat myself a little too often, but I try to make them more second hand items or charity shop stuff as it makes it more affordable and also then I am able to buy more often :)

    And thanks for the comment! Loving yummy food right now! Just realised that I wasn't following you! After all this time :)
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. those dresses are so gorgeous, you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That second dress is stunning! The shape fits you so so well, and it is so perfect and easy for work! (might have to pop into Topshop very soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Treating yourself to a new dress is such a great feeling! Really like your M&S Dress, the colour and shape really suits you, gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of so cute! I love the blueness of the blue one. x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  13. They fit you perfectly. I can't buy things unless it's money I've earnt, my mum goes mad when I get too much.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig