Sunday, 13 November 2011

Time Flies

It only feels like a couple of weeks ago that I was sunbathing in the October heatwave. Now I can't go anywhere without hearing Christmas music and it feels like winter is creeping up on us. Dark by 4pm, um, no thanks! This time last year I was travelling in Australia so luckily missed these dark, cold months. This year, I have been:

Photobucket

Going to football matches - I'm hardly the world's biggest football fan but recently I've seen a local club (Stevenage Borough) and a famous club (Arsenal) play. The matches couldn't have been more different but I oddly enjoyed both of them a lot!

Rummaging - the American Apparel Flea Market was a few weeks ago now but it was definitely a memorable experience.

Enjoying Tibits' winter menu - Tibits is one of my favourite restaurants and I love how they've updated their menu to make it less salad-y and more wintery. Still as yummy as ever.

Photobucket

Experimenting with false nails - I wore these to the Aussie-versary bash and loved habing long nails for the weekend. Soaking them off on a Sunday night was not so fun.

Eating healthy and not-so-healthy food - I went for dinner at Saf for the first time and had the most amazing raw sushi platter. This tasted so good and all the raw veggies in it really felt like they were doing my body good too. On the less healthy front, I did enjoy this trio of mini-desserts at a dinner a couple of weeks ago. The mini mango pannacotta was especially good!

I've also been trying to embrace autumn dressing/casual clothing. I'm not particularly good at layering and dressing casually. I feel much more like "me" in a dress and heels but such attire is not always appropriate (especially for the aforementioned football matches) so here's my attempt at layering:

Photobucket

Hat: Primark, Jacket: vintage via Grandma, Scarf: vintage via Grandma, Jumper: M&S, Shorts: Topshop, Tights: John Lewis, Boots: Office

I've also been trying to keep my Chictopia page updated and have had a little layout change with some new pages on the left where I've grouped together some of my older posts.

So that's a quick round up of what I've been up to lately!

What have you been up to over the last few weeks?
Share:

9 comments

  1. Ah Lily, you look so cosy! I love that scarf...layering suits you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow those nails! very interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watching Football matches live. The atmosphere is great! And I'm in love with Tibits! Definitely one of my favourite restaurants as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww.. the food looks fun and seems like you had fun

    loving the outfit toooo

    To celebrate the launch of a new Vintage online store on the 18th, We are hosting a giveaway on our facebook page.

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Daisymak-vintage-clothing/198769276854862

    To see our eiditorial and film, go on
    www.daisy-mak.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the outfit! Especially the tights!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog by the way, was really kind!

    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sushi looks good and I love those tights with the boots!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tibits is such a great restaurant! The food is so delicious there, but I haven't been in a while and I really must!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't had any breakfast yet so your food pictures are making me very hungry! I love going to football matches, the atomsphere is amazing especially when your team is winning!
    Loving the floral tights you're wearing.
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig