Thursday, 24 November 2011

Take Me To The Fashion Aisle

Last week I attended the Clothing At Tesco spring/summer launch at the Oxo Tower. After a day at work suffering from the "winter lurgy" that's been going around lately it was lovely to see the Oxo Tower transformed into a glimpse of spring/summer 2012 (even if there was a Christmas tree and crackers in the corner!).

I've never really looked at supermarket clothing before but after seeing some of the pieces on show, I think that might be about to change. I loved the vintage-inspired dresses and accessories and there were so many beautiful pieces that no one would ever believe were from a supermarket. The collection can also be bought online which is great if, like me, you don't live anywhere near a large Tesco store or don't want to actually buy your clothing next to the baked beans aisle.

We were each given a tag to tie to our favourite piece. I chose a cropped suit jacket which would be perfect for work but unlike other suit pieces wouldn't make me look like I'd dressed up in my mother's (or father's) work clothes. A bloggers' event wouldn't be complete without obligatory cupcakes which along with some retro pink lemonade constituted my dinner for the night. Oh, how Carrie Bradshaw.

Here are a few of my favourite things from the collection:

Photobucket

Cropped jackets, polka dot shoes, beautiful lace dress, summer brights and a cupcake.

Are you a fan of supermarket fashion?
Share:

8 comments

  1. The white dress is simply stunning - thanks for sharing!

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lace dress is DIVINE! I need that in my life!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The white lace dress is amazing, sometimes you find such gorgeous things in supermarkets !!! Kisses

    Fashion and Cookies

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like supermarket fashion - you can find some real gems if you accessorise them well I think. Those pieces look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tesco are one of my go-to places for shopping!! I absolutely love their collections and this season was no different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had such a fun time that evening and it was great to see so many fantastic looking clothes. I don't really do supermarket shopping but that's mainly because the supermarkets where I live are small and don't have a clothes section.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a massive Clothing at Tesco fan, & have been for quite a while now - I buy a huge amount from their site & recommend them to everyone all the time!

    www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohpretty - I love the white dress in the centre of your pictures - so beautiful and summery - making me wish it was spring already!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig