Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Party Frocks and Motel Rocks

It's that time of year again. I have my first Christmas party on Friday. Far too early, I know. It's a work department meal and I wrongly assumed that I'd be fine to just wear what I'd worn to work that day. Turns out its an annual tradition for everyone to glam up in the loos after work so looks like someone has no time to buy a new dress! If I did, here is what I would be spending my pay cheque on:



I love skater dresses - anything with a nipped in waist! This would be perfect for a work party as its sparkly but still demure enough to wear with your colleagues. £55 from Oasis.



You can't go wrong with an LBD. This one references the gothic/Victorian trend and I know I'd wear it way beyond the party season. £35 from ASOS.



Christmas parties are the perfect opportunity to break out the sequins. I love how the long sleeves make this dress stand out from the usual party dress. I'd pair it with black tights for a work Christmas party and hot pink tights the rest of the time! £58 from Motel.



Just for tonight, the lovely folk at Motel are offering 20% off so the sequin dress above would be just £46.40. There's also a whole section of 2 for £50 dresses so that should be a good start on getting sorted for all those Christmas parties coming up.

I'm off to shop my own wardrobe for Friday night but do let me know what your perfect party dress would be!
Share:

10 comments

  1. Love the sequin dress! Its so perfect for this time of year, think it'd look great with the bright tights x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought my party dress at the weekend but I didn't have much cash to spend, however I'm pretty happy with what I got - a wool blend slightly sparkly nipped in waisted dress from Primark for £15. Can't go wrong really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, I'm totally in the party spirit now. Loving these dress selections! They're perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the first dress! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh I'm loving that black asos dress, just my thing!
    Gem
    www.fatfrocks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Motel dress is all over the blogsphere, it is hella cute!!

    We actually just wrote a post about our DREAM 'Christmas Party Look', swing by to check it out!

    T & J
    The Style Rawr- A UK based Fashion blog!
    XoX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sequins are the best. That is all I have to say on the matter!

    THe first dress is gorgeous too though - totally agree with you the skater style is so flattering and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your blog dear (:

    newest follower :D!!

    xoxEffy

    tellmewheredidyousleeplastnight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi, sale me this sequin black dress?

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig