Thursday, 3 November 2011

Lush Times: Happy Blooming, Sugar Scrub & Geo Phyzz

I recently treated myself to a small and rather restrained Lush haul:

Photobucket

I purchased a bath bomb and a bath melt as I now have a bath in my flat and can actually make use of these products! I also purchased the sugar scrub as I was in need of a new body scrub.

Photobucket

Happy Blooming. This bath melt smells super sweet, I'd describe it as a "retro cherry" fragrance - a bit like the smell of Cherry Chapstick. I got three baths out of this melt which makes it good value for money. The melt turned my bath water into a lovely milky pink and it felt really moisturising and soothing for my skin. The fragrance lasted well both on my skin and in the bathroom.
I'd recommend this for dry winter skin. I used it for a bath in the evening and my skin still felt soft the next morning.

Photobucket

Geo Phyzz. This little bath bomb has a really fresh, alpine scent. It's not at all sweet-smelling like most of the other bath bombs and has a high salt content which made my bath feel really refreshing. I got two baths out of this and it's only £2.50. The salty freshness was such a nice treat for my aching leg muscles so I'd definitely recommend this for post running baths. My skin felt nice and soft afterwards too. This is definitely going on my re-purchase list.

Photobucket

Sugar Scrub. This bright green scrub also has a fresh, alpine scent. I think since I started running I'm much more drawn to fresh smelling bath products rather than sweet, floral ones. This feels really grainy and coarse, the first time I used it I ended up with scratches all over my legs as I didn't wet it enough and was a bit over enthusiastic in my scrubbing! I only use this on my legs, knees and elbows as the scrub is very coarse but it does a great job on dry skin and hopefully it will help prevent ingrown hairs on my legs. To make it gentler you can break of a small piece and mix it with shower gel which I need to try for a softer scrub. I wouldn't recommend this for very delicate skin but if you want a really grainy scrub then it definitely does the job - just be gentle at first!

What Lush products do I need to try next?
Share:

6 comments

  1. Everything from the Christmas collection looks so awesome! In particular, Snow Fairy, The Melting Snowman, Cinders, Golden Wonder and Satsumo Santa.

    themakeupmuffins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lush make the most loveliest products!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i havent been to lush in so long that its great to see through your blog whats happening there. i dont have a bath at uni so i hopefully ill get lots of nice christmassy lush bits for when im home for christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last time I was in Lush store in Covent Garden I actually had to leave (even though my boyfriend to stay), because the scents were so overwhelming... ;) X

    www.mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lush sugar scrub is so good, I got some for christmas last year :) i've not tried that happy blooming but the scent of it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    u can contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig