Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Last week: See Africa Differently & Motel Rocks/Glossybox

I was invited to two very different but equally fabulous events last week.

On Wednesday I headed to Piccadilly for See Africa Differently at the very cool offices of 1000 Heads. The event celebrated all things positive about Africa - the food, culture, music and emerging talent from the continent.

I sampled some delicious African food, met an amazingly talented African designer, Jose Hendo, and took away a goodie bag containing some fair trade chocolate:

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was lovely to catch-up with Sarah, Hannah and Reena and to meet Tinuke. Big thanks to Holly for the invite!

The following day I headed to the Motel Rocks/Glossybox event just behind Topshop Oxford Circus. The event was so busy that I didn't manage to take too many pictures but it was lovely to meet so many bloggers, see the gorgeous new Motel collection and try my first ever red velvet cupcake - complete with Glossybox emblem!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We were all invited to choose a piece from the new collection. No surprises for guessing that I chose a dress. It was so hard to make my mind up on what one to choose...I'd have loved any of these ones:







The dress I actually ended up choosing isn't on the website but I shall definitely be posting about it when I receive it.

What would you have chosen?
Share:

7 comments

  1. I would have chosen the last one, I love that colour and style. Sounds like you've been having lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The motel collection was amazing. I really enjoyed that event. And I feel awful about not catching up properly tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, nice one! I've never really looked at Motel much but some stuff looks pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love African cuisine! My friend's Mum makes loads of lovely traditional dishes and they are divine, mmmm x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that food looks so good!! As for dresses I like the leo one x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the leopard print dress. The food looks so good! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want a cup cake :)
    Those dresses are adorable!

    http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig