Friday, 11 November 2011

Having A Ball

Last week I had a ball to attend. And only 30 minutes after work to get ready for it. Spiral wand + red lipstick + a tried and tested party dress = ball ready in half an hour. Ok, so I didn't have time to do my nails and had set my alarm for 6am that morning so that I could have some quality time with my epilator but I was still quite pleased with myself for getting ready so fast. I do miss the days when I could spend the whole afternoon getting ready for an evening out but at least I know that if I get any last minute ball invites I won't have to turn them down for fear of not getting ready in time.

The major downside to the Cinderella transformation sans Fairy Godmother? My flat looked like an explosion of make-up, hair products and discarded shoes when I hobbled through the door at 1am. Now if only I could tidy up in 30 minutes...

Photobucket

Photobucket

How long does it take you to get ready for an evening event?
Share:

13 comments

  1. Looking gorgeous Lily. If needs must I can get ready in half an hour IF I've already had a shower and done my hair earlier that day. If not I can probably do it all in an hour which isn't too bad. Hope you had fun at the ball x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed!

    Yet another winning dress for you, and I love your hair like this!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fab!

    My getting ready varies on the occassion and what I'm wearing. All I can say, is that I've learnt to appreciate dry shampoos. ;) X

    www.mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty impressive considering the time frame! :p Really love how you did your hair, what wand did you use?

    http://bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look absolutely lovely, am very impressed you got ready so quickly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look beautiful! If its a really big do it can take me a couple of hours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great!! Love how you got ready so quickly: It's a real skill!!!
    Your hair and make up looks lovely, and it's such a pretty dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! You look amazing babe. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look lovely! I'm impressed you got ready in 30mins, it takes me so long to get ready to go out! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dress is gorgeous! And your hair looks fab, I'd say pretty good effort for 30 mins! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look fab! I love your hair, dress and shoes xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig