Saturday, 5 November 2011

Happy Aussie-versary!

Last weekend I put on my party dress and headed to the Aussie-versary party hosted by Aussie Haircare. It was a great night - as well as catching up with the other Aussie Angels and the lovely Holly, I had my hair and make-up done and ate lots of yummy canapes served by shirtless "Aussie hunks". The venue, the rooftop bar of The Century Club was amazing, even if the open roof did make it a little chilly!

Here's what I wore:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dress: Next (sale purchase a couple of years ago)

Photobucket

I tried out false nails for the first time. My natural nails are awful so it was a strange but fun experience having these super-long talons. Even if I couldn't type, text or pick things up for the entire weekend I was sad to have to dissolve them off on Sunday evening. These were by Elegant Touch, picked up for £1 in the John Lewis sale last Christmas.

Photobucket

The lovely Harriet and I.

I only remembered that I had my camera with me at the end of the night but all the pictures I took were really blurry.

Photobucket

I had my hair and make-up done at the event, soft curls with smokey eyes and glossy pink lips. I usually go for "statement lipstick" so I was surprised by how different I looked with a more natural lip shade.

Thank you again, Aussie for a wonderful night! I came home with very achy feet and some more Aussie products to try out. Here's to the next Aussome gathering!
Share:

17 comments

  1. You looked gorgeous, I love your dress!
    The nails look great for £1! Wow! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look stunning! You have such an amazing figure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well jel of your invite! You look stylish as always! X

    www.mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking lovely and demure as always! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely classic dress <3 You and Harriet look really pretty in that picture and I love he make-up in the last pictures xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dress so much! Its so classy & elegant looking ;)

    As I've always said .. I would kill for your eye colour!

    Looking beautiful babe !!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You looked so gorgeous in that dress - it really suited you!

    It was lovely seeing you again, can't wait for the next aussie party already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your nails are fantastic! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the new background btw, super cute! Sounds like a great evening, pretty jealous! Your nails look amazing, definitely better than £1! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really wanted to go to the Aussie party. They're always so much fun.
    Your dress is so pretty. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look gorgeous lily, sounds like a really fun evening x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your dress Lily - you looked fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The event sounds amazing. I bet it was lots of fun. And you look so pretty. I love your dress. The neckline is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the dress, you look very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking lovely as ever :)
    Love your hair!
    www.clashingtime.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so sad that I missed it, I really wanted to see everyone again! You look gorgeous, I like your mini makeover :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig