Monday, 7 November 2011

Birthday Benefits

I know, I know. My birthday was ages ago but I still haven't got around to blogging one of my lovely birthday presents, bad me. One of my friends bought me these little Benefit goodies:

Photobucket

They're Real! mascara and Ultra Shines lipgloss.

They're Real! has been all over the blog world lately but I thought that I would pitch in with my verdict on it too, especially as I now have a whole page of mascara reviews.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Firstly, the brush of this mascara is HUGE. This terrified me a little at first as I'm quite clumsy and haven't had an awful lot of success with big brushes in the past. I have naturally long lashes and this combined with a big brush often results in lovely black mascara-y blobs all around my eyes. Not good when I'm already running late for work.

This brush and I have, however, been getting along just fine. I think it is because its a rubber brush which seems to give more control than a bristle one. The packaging recommends firstly holding the wand horizontally and then holding it vertically and stroking it though the lashes to give both length and volume. I have to admit that I don't do this and apply it just like a normal mascara but the little spokes on the end of the wand are great for tacking those tiny corner lashes. I find that defining these lashes makes a huge difference to how dramatic my lashes look and also opens up my eyes which hopefully helps disguise the fact that a) I'm not getting enough sleep at the moment and b) I spend 9+ hours per day staring at a computer screen.

This mascara lasts all day without flaking and smudging but seeing as it costs £18.50 (around three times what I'd usually pay for a mascara) I wouldn't expect anything less. It removes easily too which is always a plus.

Would I purchase this?

Yes, I think I would. Despite the rather high price tag, I really like this mascara. I think it's a million times better than Bad Gal Lash and I love how it doesn't require loads of coats to give a dramatic look. I like big, bold lashes every single day and this is a great way of getting that look without too much faff.

Have you tried "They're Real!" What do you think of it?


I know I haven't talked about the lip gloss but I have to confess that I haven't actually gotten around to using it yet. I've gone from one-time "beauty blogger" to "just use the exact same products every single day" but I promise I will review it soon!
Share:

3 comments

  1. I haven't tried this product, but it does seem interesting. I would definitely be afraid of poking myself in the eye too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing this mascara on every blog it seems, but it looks like it really works amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard great things about the new Benefit mascara. I definitely need to get round to buying it now.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig