Monday, 24 October 2011

Running, Muchkins, L'Occitane and a Flea Market...

...are what my last few days have consisted of. Obviously I've eaten and slept too but that's not quite as interesting and for once I don't have any food pictures to share.

My Saturday mornings started bright and early with the Shock Absorber 10k in Richmond Park. I met the lovely Hannah for the run, we started running around the same time and have shared our training highs and lows on Twitter over the past few months so it was great to do a race together. Richmond Park was so beautiful and the race was really fun (aside from kilometres 8 to 10 which were really tough). I was thrilled to finish in 1:04, 7 minutes faster than the Boutique Run! There were sadly no medals at the end but I did get this tshirt:

Photobucket

Last week I visited L'Occitane for a skincare consultation in their Covent Garden store. The consultation took place downstairs out of the view of customers and the sales assistant was really lovely. She tried out a few of their products on me and gave me a mini facial which was a great way to try the products. I left with a list of the products suitable for my sensitive skin a little goodie bag of samples. There was no pressure to buy any of the products there and then which I really appreciated as skincare is so personal and it really helps to try a product a few times before you part with money for it.

Photobucket

Photobucket


I couldn't resist these "munchkins" in Tesco. I love all things Halloween so these are currently decoration but I'm going to attempt to cook them at some point. I've never cooked pumpkin before and I don't have an oven but I'm going to try putting them in the microwave and hoping for the best:

Photobucket

Yesterday I headed to the American Apparel Flea Market on Brick Lane. I have to admit that I went more out of curiousity after hearing about what happened last year but it was a surprisingly tidy and calm affair. I only queued for five minutes to get in and the stock was really neatly laid out on rails and divided by colour. I ended up making a few unnecessary purchases:

Photobucket

Lace tshirt: £12, Satin tshirt: £6, Cycle shorts: £6, Bloomers: £3

Finally, I headed to Sunday Up Market for a browse and couldn't resist purchasing this little fellow:

Photobucket

Necklace: £15, Daniela Sigurd

My gel nails are still going strong after 4 weeks!

What did you do this weekend?
Share:

10 comments

  1. Congratulations on finishing the race! I wish I had the will power to do a race. And I love L'Occitane products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun weekend, I love that t shirt you got for the race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. L'Occitane is awesome, wow great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love munchkin squashes! So perfect for stuffing with goodness. In fact, I love squash in general..I broke in to a red kabocha today!

    Congrats on the run :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post made me get a little bit excited about Halloween strangely-the pumpkins/squash? Well done on the running m'lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just about to add Halloween recipes to my blog, including one for munchkins! Keep an eye out! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I've just started following your blog. That little dog is so cute x

    www.prettyrandomx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. woo go you! how ace to beat your PB :) i LOVE that necklace too, sausage dogs ftw.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig