Sunday, 30 October 2011

Halloween!

I love Halloween. I'm not too fussed on celebrating other "holidays" but Halloween is something that I always like to make a bit of effort for. I don't have any Halloween parties to attend this year but I've still been getting into the Halloween spirit...

Photobucket

I picked up this toffee apple for only 29p in Waitrose. I couldn't resist popping it into my basket, especially as I've never had one before! (I had an aversion to all things fruit-related when I was younger and probably wouldn't have been allowed something with such a high sugar content regardless)

Photobucket

After a three-day search, I finally found my pumpkin. Thank you, Waitrose. Living in central London there are some things that are surprisingly impossible to get hold of and I was on the verge of giving up when I spotted this one.

I set to work carving it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As the pumpkin is quite small and also because I was scared of making too much mess or accidentally cutting my finger off I kept it simple by just carving triangles into the pumpkin.

Instead of a tealight, I found a Powderpuff Girls candle that fits perfectly inside.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Do you still carve a pumpkin?
Share:

12 comments

  1. We just carved ours. One is a cat and the other is a goofy face! It's hard work for a clumsy girl like me, don't think i'll do it again! Scary knives! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have four to carve yeeey love it I haven't in years !!!thanks for sharing


    Follow my new blog love, shop
    http://fancysteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually carved m first pumpkin ever this weekend (it's not really a tradition in Sweden)! I think it's nice to keep it simple! :)

    Have a wonderful week! //Niina

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was little we couldn't get pumpkins so we would carve swedes (or turnips as we called them) not sure if this was a north east thing but we had to make do! Yours looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Halloween as well, shamefully haven't done any pumpkin carving this year though :p btw love the power puff candle! :)

    http://bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just carved my pumpkins Saturday night. I am pretty sure I will always decorate for the holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! I do love pumpkins they always make me smile. Saddly no carving for me this year - boo!

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't get time to do one this year, was gutted! Yours is cute though :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey!

    I just found your blog by chance. I wish I could have carved a pumpkin but I'm currently living in Seoul in South Korea so there were non to be found anywhere! :'(

    Anyway, I like your blog a lot so I'm following you now. Stop by my blog if you get chance.

    http://iwasanuglyduckling.blogspot.com

    Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the abstract idea of carving triangles! I don't think I've ever carved one in my life :( But knowing me I'd cut myself for sure.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey not bad! very impressive, i'm terrible at carving pumpkins....they're some crazy carving people have done, i think i saw a chanel one tumblr lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the PowerPuffGirl candle (y)

    Kiwi ..X

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig