Sunday, 9 October 2011

Goodbye, Summer

After spending all of yesterday feeling more than a little bit cold in bare legs and sandals, I have finally accepted that summer is over. It's time to spend a ridiculous amount of money on tights, pack away the sandals and try to master layering without ending up resembling the Michellin man. I am not a fan of cold weather but I need to embrace cold weather dressing properly this year and equip myself with a decent winter wardrobe - as this entails a big shopping trip, I can't complain too much about our British "summer" drawing to a close.

Here are some pictures from the last couple of weeks that hopefully capture a little bit of sunshine:

Photobucket

Banana muffins made by my dad, shrimp salad in Wahaca, St Katherine's dock, view from the Millennium Bridge on an early morning run, over-doing the frozen yogurt in Nandos, an Alfresco lunch in Tibits.

Are you mourning the darker evenings and colder days? Or looking forward to cosy nights in and colder weather?
Share:

8 comments

  1. A quick glance at those photos and I could have thought you were in a foreign country!
    The food looks delicious!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that previous comment from Mary, i thought these were holiday snaps. The docks look delightful! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to have the sun disappear, but I'm excited for Autumn fashion. I do love boots! Love these pictures. The muffins look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind the colder weather as long as we don't get the snow like last year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I tihnk it's time to accept the worst and get the coats and tights out, *sob*!

    Looks like you have some good memories though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, good buy summer! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colder weather is fine but I do miss those bright sunny mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shrimp salad looks lovely! I'm jealous that your runs take you over the Millennium bridge!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig