Thursday, 6 October 2011

Curls Curls Curls

I've mentioned before how I'm not very adventurous with my hair and it's pretty obvious from my outfit photos that most days my hair looks exactly the same. My biggest hair issue is that I absolutely cannot stand hair on my face so a lot of styles are out of the question if the front of my hair can't be kirby gripped back. My hair is naturally quite straight, usually I just blowdry it upside down for five minutes and I'm done.

I recently had some Amazon vouchers and as I prefer to get books from the library or charity shops I decided to try a spiral wand. This one only costs £17.50 so it's a bargain even without a voucher.

Photobucket

I thought that this would be tricky to use but it's actually not at all. It took me about 10 minutes to create messy curls. I don't like my hair to look too "done" so my slightly haphazard technique doesn't really bother me. I created the curls by holding the wand upside down over the side of hair that I was curling and using my free hand to wrap pieces of hair around the tongs for around 10 seconds. After letting the curls cool I gently backcombed them and finished with a bit of hairspray before finding my trusty kirby grips and clipping back the front sections on each side:

Photobucket

As I tried out my curlers on a lazy Sunday, my outfit was pretty casual:

Photobucket

Dress: Oasis, Belt: Primark, Sandals: Matalan (in the goodie bag from Susie's Leaving Do!)

Are you a fan of curling wands? Any tips would be much appreciated!
Share:

12 comments

  1. I LOVE these things, work much MUCH better than curling irons with clamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks fab!! I've recently gotten some hot rollers and they have been working... well until i step out the house and then the curls vanish :p xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you're hair looks gorgeous chick! Only £17.50 - i think i need one of these beauties! :)

    ug-lily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good Lily! I love that dress...makes your legs look so long!

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to curl my hair all the time, but it just became so much effort!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to have really curly hair, but sadly straightened them out! These curlers seem fabulous. I definitely prefer wands to tongs. And your hair looks amazing here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the dress! :)

    I don't have spiral wand. I have YouCurl and Braun's curling iron - both work great, but I need to cut my hair a little bit, because it takes now ages to do a proper hairstyle. ;) X

    www.mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm tempted to get a curling wand, good to know it wasn't to hard to use. Love the print on your dress! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't actually have a curling wand, though I could sure do with one in my life, haha! Your hair looks lovely and healthy.

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw i love that dress!!! its sooo cute!! :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow great curls for bargain price! xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments. Questions? It's probably easier to Tweet me (@LilyLippy) as I'll reply faster.

© Lily Lipstick | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig